Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cross Stick volume on the TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Stick volume on the TD-8

Is there anyway to turn up the cross stick volume on the TD-8? I know you can on the TD-10 but I have gone through the churches TD-8 manual and cannot seem to find it anywhere. Thanks
    Ted H.

Comment

Comment

Are you saying "rhim" on purpose or do you just hit the "H" by mistake?

(don't have an answer just wondering)

Comment

Comment

Yeah, this is a pain. I like a nice loud cross-stick from time to time, but can't do it on the TD8. You can change the level at which a cross-stick becomes a rim-shot, but I have never found this setting very flexible.

A workaround would be to assign a cross-stick sound to the rim-shot, and just sacrifice the rim-shot (which I use much less anyway).

Mike.

Comment

Just another reason why the TD-10 RULES!!!

Does anyone know if the new update allows you to set it independently like the TD-10?

------------------
              Ted H.
              www.tocsinrocks.com
              Ted H.

Comment

Some of the selectible snare sounds are a snare/rim shot combination. They are probably also velocity sensitive as to how much "rim shot" you get. Would this help?

I also play at Church and use cross-stick a lot. A rim shot would probably be an accident in my case.
                I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
                X