Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the VH-11 instructions for offset incorrect in TD-30 Manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by BarT View Post

It's in the Setup Guide and Owner's Manual: "2. Loosen the clutch screw and let the hi-hat rest naturally on the motion sensor unit."

Bruce

Ah now I get it. I was doing the setup backwards.

Lesson learned.

Thanks.

Chuck

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied

Originally posted by Rail Dawg View Post
    The instructions that came with my TD-30K don't say anything about dropping the cymbal.
    It's in the Setup Guide and Owner's Manual: "2. Loosen the clutch screw and let the hi-hat rest naturally on the motion sensor unit."

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Rail Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by BarT View Post

Instructions for adjusting a VH-11 on a TD-12/20 or TD-30 are identical. Adjustment is made with the cymbal in a dropped position.

(But there's no OFFSET automatic calibration button for a VH-11 on any module.)

Bruce

OK that's what I thought. The instructions that came with my TD-30K don't say anything about dropping the cymbal.

Thanks for the clarification.

Chuck

Leave a comment:

• bud7h4
    replied
    In order to use the Offset function I just changed the pad type from VH-11 to VH-12. Otherwise I could find no other way to get the Offset to work. It just stared back at me as if to say "don't look at me I just work here".

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied

Originally posted by Rail Dawg View Post

Thanks for the response Greg. I'm new to both the VH-11 and TD-30K but on the TD-30 board there is no calibrate button (at least I haven't found one yet). On the screen there's a gauge that shows the position of the hat and that's it.

You push down on the Hi-Hat pedal to see where it bottoms out on the gauge then do some small tweaking to the offset adjustment screw to make the two arrows fill in and that's it.

The TD-30 manual doesn't have us do it this way it seems.

Instructions for adjusting a VH-11 on a TD-12/20 or TD-30 are identical. Adjustment is made with the cymbal in a dropped position.

(But there's no OFFSET automatic calibration button for a VH-11 on any module.)

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Rail Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by zgeggy2k View Post
    I don't know about VH-11 and TD-30, but the VH-12 with TD-20X may be similar, and goes like this:
    1) unscrew the clutch so the top & bottom cymbals of the VH touch - don't hold the foot down
    2) press the "calibrate" button on the module (it may be called "offset" - I don't remember exactly)
    3) watch the "arrows" on the display go up and down and settle
    4) when settled, raise the top cybal an inch or so, screw the clutch in: now the 2 cymbals should hold apart "naturally"
    5) you can now press down with the foot and enjoy

-- Greg
    Thanks for the response Greg. I'm new to both the VH-11 and TD-30K but on the TD-30 board there is no calibrate button (at least I haven't found one yet). On the screen there's a gauge that shows the position of the hat and that's it.

You push down on the Hi-Hat pedal to see where it bottoms out on the gauge then do some small tweaking to the offset adjustment screw to make the two arrows fill in and that's it.

The TD-30 manual doesn't have us do it this way it seems.

Leave a comment:

• zgeggy2k
    replied
    I don't know about VH-11 and TD-30, but the VH-12 with TD-20X may be similar, and goes like this:
    1) unscrew the clutch so the top & bottom cymbals of the VH touch - don't hold the foot down
    2) press the "calibrate" button on the module (it may be called "offset" - I don't remember exactly)
    3) watch the "arrows" on the display go up and down and settle
    4) when settled, raise the top cybal an inch or so, screw the clutch in: now the 2 cymbals should hold apart "naturally"
    5) you can now press down with the foot and enjoy

-- Greg

Leave a comment:

• Are the VH-11 instructions for offset incorrect in TD-30 Manual?

I've been hashing this out for awhile.

When adjusting the VH-11 offset so you get two "filled-in arrows" you must have your foot on the VH-11 pedal and hold the Hi-Hat closed to make the small adjustment?

The instructions don't say to hold the pedal down anywhere. They seem to indicate you make the adjustment with the Hi-Hat open? I did it my way and it works great.

Confused...

Thanks.

Working...
X