Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VH-11 Faulty Trigger help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-11 Faulty Trigger help

Hay fellow drummers, I wish to pick your brains. I have a Vh 11 and the edge trigger has just started miss fireing, I mean it triggers but only when hit hardand not all the time.
    Is this easy to fix, and not to costly? Or should I look for a second hand one?
    Its only the edge trig, the bow is fine and so is the control under the cymbal,
    Can I just buy the cymbal top piece?,
    Prob cheaper to fix or buy the whole thing,

Any thoughts gang would be most helpful,,,thx Hemi
    Roland td-9kx2 gear, on the 8th oct 2013 will have td-30 module, 3 X pd 85, 2x pd 105, v 11 hihat, kd 9, 2x 12yc, 1x 13cr, pm 30 monitor, double pedal(suck at these), vex kit masters 50 and naturals so far. Now have Vex Strike and td 30, wooh hoo !

Try a new cable before you do anything else, Then look at other options.
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Yep just tried that and it is some what better but not how it was triggering, have to hit it hard, but it is better with the new cable. Weird
      Plugged a cy12 into the old and new cable and it triggerd fine through both for hihat.
      Plugged the crash from module in the hihat cymbal, and hit and miss trigger again , unless hit harder.
      The edge is stuffed me thinks..
      Hay the hihat works great on the cy12, I just need to convert the bottom of the cymbal to sit on the controler, wol lah
      Roland td-9kx2 gear, on the 8th oct 2013 will have td-30 module, 3 X pd 85, 2x pd 105, v 11 hihat, kd 9, 2x 12yc, 1x 13cr, pm 30 monitor, double pedal(suck at these), vex kit masters 50 and naturals so far. Now have Vex Strike and td 30, wooh hoo !

Comment

Are your trigger settings set to VH-11 and calibrated correctly ?
        Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
        Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
        Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

yeah the setting are all good, I think I broke the sensor,,,thanks guys for ya help.

Comment

Working...
          X