Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clean up in aisle 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean up in aisle 7

I got a dirty TD-11K set ,what do I use to spruce it up?Anything I should avoid to polish them?What do you folks use and why?

Welcome to the forum, sevanace!

For the cymbals you can use a thing called '303 Aerospace Protectant'.
    It comes in a spray-can form. Make sure you use a cloth. Apply onto the cloth and then wipe the cymbal-surface with it. Don't apply it directly to the cymbal!

For the hardware-parts ie. everything that's metal like the rack-tubes, cymbal booms and tom-holders, I have made good experience with simple window-cleaner (...I guess 'WindEx' would be something that you may have available over there) and a roll of common kitchen-paper.

For the module itself, don't use anything fancy...
    Take a soft cloth, Soak it in water, then wring it so it's merely damp, and wipe off the module. Make sure the cloth is damp, but not wet - there's electronics inside, you know...

Afterwards, rub the module dry with another (dry) cloth, and you should be good to go!

HTH

Last edited by hairmetal-81; 02-27-14, 04:53 AM. Reason: spelling check

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Put the mesh head in a dishwasher or Oxyclean. Bruce

Comment

Working...
      X