Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A basic understanding: Yamaha DTX900K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A basic understanding: Yamaha DTX900K

Hi ,got The new Yamaha'’s DTX900K kit, my question is: can u play along with music ,from disk on key? in wav format, u can do that, in most roland modules.
    can someone help me please?
    thanks
    Liberdi
    Last edited by LIBERDI; 02-27-14, 03:23 AM.

Welcome to the forum, Libedi!

Going by the DTX-900 manual, on page 67 you can see how to play songs within the DTX-900. These are internal i.e. sequencer songs, though.
    Page 98 goes into great detail on how to set and repeat songs, copy and quantise tracks, and insert and delete single measures in 'Song Mode'.

On page 77 you also got a graphical representation of the DTX' own memory structure. It lists (under 'DIMM') the file-extensions .wav and .aiff, I'm not quite sure if this is just for the sampling-option, MIDI-files, or if you could use the DIMM-memories for audio-songs too.

Either way, you have an 'Aux In' jack on the rear of the unit, which you can use to connect a CD- or MP3 player and play your songs from there.

Happy jamming!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Thank you for answering, do you know a Yamaha DTX900M crash course?
      Liberdi

Comment

No Problem!

I don't know about a crash-course per se, but take your time and go through the manual, one page at a time!
        Maybe you'll also find a tutorial or something on Youtube.

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Thank you,
          And Greetings from Israel

Comment

Working...
          X