Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malfunctioning VH-12 hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malfunctioning VH-12 hats

Have been working to try and resolve strange triggering issue on VH-12 Hats. When the hats are closed firmly I am still getting wash sounds on some strokes as if I were easing off on the pedal. I have peeled back the rubber on the top cymbal and cleaned as best possible. When I was inside I noticed that the ribbon or film sensor that runs across the front edge between the arrows has come away from the plastic in about a three inch strip. The rest of it is still firmly attached. Would it be a bad idea to use a non solvent type of glue to re attach the film to the plastic surface?
    Additionally I looked at all of the solder joints on both the top and bottom cymbals and retouched them up with my iron as they all looked potentially like cold joints. This helped with the problem a little bit but has not totally cleared it up. I am reasonably convinced that the issue does not lie in the bottom cymbal plunger that determines the open or closed state of the hats, because if I leave the hats open and reach in I can push the plunger down to simulate the closed position and do not hear any false triggers while moving the plunder up and down.
    To recap, I am wondering if the loose ribbon / film on the top cymbal could be responsible for the triggering issue and if it is OK to glue it back down the cymbal surface?

Im not sure about the glue but some KRT (Killer Red Tape) should do nicely to secure the sensor back in place.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I had this same thing happen to me and it was the wires going into the plunger from the bottom cymbal.it start as an intermittent and eventually let go all together.I removed and replaced the wire and opened up the hold the wires pass though to relieve any strain .worked perfect after that
    Practice Kit-TD30 module.6 pc STARCLASSIC B/B DIY conversion.pearl tru trac bass drum trigger,cy15,2 x cy14,cy 12c,2 x cy8.vh12 hats.cake pan conversion.
    Gigging kit same td 30 module .5 pc STARCLASSIC PERFORMER cake pan conversion DIY.Pearl tru trac bass trigger.Zildjian gen 16 480 cymbal pack.direct source pickups.cy15,cy14 x 2,cy12

Comment

Working...
    X