Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-9 Module: How to change open HiHat sample?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9 Module: How to change open HiHat sample?

Hi All---I'm willing to figure this out on my own, but I admit to being insanely busy and without much time...so thought I'd ask here in case it's an easy explanation. :-)

I want to change the full open hihat sound (for now let's assume I just want to do it with one kit---eventually I'll do it with more). What I'd like to do is completely ditch the full-open sound (I just don't like it and never use it with a real hat) and set the control pedal so the full-open position triggers the half-open ("sizzle") sound. (I'm after the Stewart Copeland-style hihat sound.)

I wondered if it was just a matter of loosening and repositioning the drumkey bolt at the tip of the control pedal...but then I realized I really don't know if that affects the sounds triggered? Or just adjusts the travel of the pedal?

In its default setup, I find it almost impossible to control the half-open sounds with the pedal (it seems like it has to be within a few microns of the correct position to trigger those samples, LOL).

Thanks!
    Scott

Scott,

in the manual on page 68 you can find all the sounds listed that are inside the TD-9. Most hihats are available in a 'HHE'-suffix variety ('HiHat Edge' ...I assume this is an half-open hat, unless it is just an accented 'closed'). You'd just have to assign them instead of the 'normal' (ie. non-HHE) hat sound, the way you would proceed with all the other sound-assignments (see page 25 if you need further details on selecting/changing sounds).

HTH
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Thanks! I figured the best answer would be for me to read the manual. :-) I'll do that! (But thanks for the page numbers!)

Comment

No Problem!
        Greetings from Switzerland,
        - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
        X