Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger not working

Hi, I have a TD6 kit and recently bought a PD80 R Snare for my kit, the problem i am having is i can`t get a rim shot for the snare yet the trigger does work otherwise. I have tried hitting it but it doesn`t show the number and letter when you hit the trigger. Please help???

Welcome to the forums! This thread will most likely be moved to the Technical section, that's where the folks are looking to help members with tech issues. This is just the Lounge for fun. How about a nice intro with pics in the Foyer thread?

I suspect your problem is one of these common scenarios:

1. bad module input/bad module
    2. pad pad
    3. bad cable
    4. poor connection
    5. setting in module

You can test some of the above right away by swapping cables/pads and seeing if any cable or pad will work on that input, or if the pad in question triggers properly on an input you know is good/triggering two sounds (any other tom input)

Good luck!

K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

1. RTFM ..... 2. Check what trigger type you have the PD-80R set to in the module. It should be set as PD80R. 3. go on from there if the trigger type is set right.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

... and it requires a stereo (Tip/Ring/Sleeve) cable.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X