Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

tdk 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdk 8

I have just bought a new set of td8 k's and have set up as instructed, (i am a learner at all things technical!!). Whatever i try and do, whenever i hit the rim of the toms i get a crash cymbal! This sounds nice but its not what i want. Can anyone help please?

Crosstalk, m'boy, crosstalk.....

(Read your manual)

Schmunk
    TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmunk:
      Crosstalk, m'boy, crosstalk.....

(Read your manual)

Schmunk
      I will, and thanks for advice, i appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by shakes:
        whenever i hit the rim of the toms i get a crash cymbal!
        The answer to your next question will probably be: no, there are no separate rim triggers on the toms.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiadian:
          The answer to your next question will probably be: no, there are no separate rim triggers on the toms.
          I've amended the settings on "crosstalk" but i'm still getting the cymbal sound, I'm going to move the cymabal to a different part of the frame and see if that helps. Any further suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Comment

I would suggest unplugging the offending crash cymbal... if that stops it triggering when you whack the toms, then crosstalk is your problem. If it still triggers - then maybe you have a faulty module.

And - a simple solution is to not hit the rims of your toms! They are single trigger anyway... My 3rd tom triggers my ride if I hit the rim hard enough, but I try not to hit it as I like my ride just as it is.

One more thing - it is the crosstalk of the crash that you want to raise, nothing to do with the tom.

HTH,
            Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by spradders:
              I would suggest unplugging the offending crash cymbal... if that stops it triggering when you whack the toms, then crosstalk is your problem. If it still triggers - then maybe you have a faulty module.

And - a simple solution is to not hit the rims of your toms! They are single trigger anyway... My 3rd tom triggers my ride if I hit the rim hard enough, but I try not to hit it as I like my ride just as it is.

One more thing - it is the crosstalk of the crash that you want to raise, nothing to do with the tom.

HTH,
              Mike.

Comment

Thanks for all the help, problem now solved. I know I shouldnt hit the rims but i'm just getting used to the v drums and i am taking a while to get the feel of them and getting my set up right. I think they are superb, thanks again.
                Originally posted by shakes:

Comment

Working...
                X