Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tdk 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdk 8

I have just bought a new set of td8 k's and have set up as instructed, (i am a learner at all things technical!!). Whatever i try and do, whenever i hit the rim of the toms i get a crash cymbal! This sounds nice but its not what i want. Can anyone help please?

Crosstalk, m'boy, crosstalk.....

(Read your manual)

Schmunk
    TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmunk:
      Crosstalk, m'boy, crosstalk.....

(Read your manual)

Schmunk
      I will, and thanks for advice, i appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by shakes:
        whenever i hit the rim of the toms i get a crash cymbal!
        The answer to your next question will probably be: no, there are no separate rim triggers on the toms.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiadian:
          The answer to your next question will probably be: no, there are no separate rim triggers on the toms.
          I've amended the settings on "crosstalk" but i'm still getting the cymbal sound, I'm going to move the cymabal to a different part of the frame and see if that helps. Any further suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Comment

I would suggest unplugging the offending crash cymbal... if that stops it triggering when you whack the toms, then crosstalk is your problem. If it still triggers - then maybe you have a faulty module.

And - a simple solution is to not hit the rims of your toms! They are single trigger anyway... My 3rd tom triggers my ride if I hit the rim hard enough, but I try not to hit it as I like my ride just as it is.

One more thing - it is the crosstalk of the crash that you want to raise, nothing to do with the tom.

HTH,
            Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by spradders:
              I would suggest unplugging the offending crash cymbal... if that stops it triggering when you whack the toms, then crosstalk is your problem. If it still triggers - then maybe you have a faulty module.

And - a simple solution is to not hit the rims of your toms! They are single trigger anyway... My 3rd tom triggers my ride if I hit the rim hard enough, but I try not to hit it as I like my ride just as it is.

One more thing - it is the crosstalk of the crash that you want to raise, nothing to do with the tom.

HTH,
              Mike.

Comment

Thanks for all the help, problem now solved. I know I shouldnt hit the rims but i'm just getting used to the v drums and i am taking a while to get the feel of them and getting my set up right. I think they are superb, thanks again.
                Originally posted by shakes:

Comment

Working...
                X