Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing foam in Hart Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing foam in Hart Pros

Hi guys, I bought new foams for my Hart Pro set since who knows how long they'll be available. Was going to switch out my bass drum first since i had a broken head and I found a disparity between what I received and what is in the drums I have.

I've attached a couple photos, the short green foam is in my Kick, and the tall one in my snare. I assume the toms are the same depth as the snare, but haven't opened those up yet. Can someone explain what I'm seeing? Are there more than one type of Hart foams? I have the Pro series drums if that makes any difference. I don't understand how what i ordered can replace something that 1) seems a very different type of foam and 2) seems quite different in size.

any assistance is super welcome. Thanks!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Playing Drums for ~25 years, occasionally seriously.
    Current Kit: Hart Pro Toms, PD-128S Snare, VH-13-MG, (2) CY-14C-MG, CY-15R, DrumKAT, sometimes BFD2

The black foam is tom/snare foam. To accommodate different heights, there's an extra piece which can be attached on top, if needed. Remeber, they use the same columns for 10, 12 and13" drums.
    Last edited by allanjohn; 02-18-14, 01:09 AM.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

Does it matter that the foam is completely different density than the current green topped tower?
      Playing Drums for ~25 years, occasionally seriously.
      Current Kit: Hart Pro Toms, PD-128S Snare, VH-13-MG, (2) CY-14C-MG, CY-15R, DrumKAT, sometimes BFD2

Comment

I think you'll find the new foam is longer lasting. You will probably have to dial your triggers in again for the new columns.
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

Working...
        X