Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-9 v2.0 upgrade---where to get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9 v2.0 upgrade---where to get it?

Hi---I'm under the impression that the TD-9 v2.0 upgrade is a firmware upgrade---is that correct? If so, I went to Roland's site and found this page...
    http://www.roland.com/support/articl...wnloads&p=TD-9
    ...but the page is confusing because it says... TD-9 Version 2.0

at the top of the page...but then the only thing that appears downloadable is titled "TD-9 System Program Version 1.10"

Any clarification is appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Scott

It's only available by calling Roland support. You pay about $50 and ship the module to them and they perform the upgrade and ship it back.
    TD-25KV, Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

Ahh, okay---that explains it. From what I hear it's worth it for $50. (But does it take a month or two? Or usually pretty fast? It would be a bummer to be without the module for a long time...unless I could pay extra for 2-day shipping?)

Scott

Comment

I would guess Roland would be best able to answer those questions.
        TD-25KV, Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

Originally posted by SWriverstone View Post
          Ahh, okay---that explains it. From what I hear it's worth it for $50. (But does it take a month or two? Or usually pretty fast? It would be a bummer to be without the module for a long time...unless I could pay extra for 2-day shipping?)

Scott
          Wow! I have thinking about getting the previous upgrade for about a year and just decided to check in on what's new.
          A firmware upgrade.?.
          I'm surprised they are still supporting the TD-9 so well.

@Scott: Do you have any links to any conversations regarding the upgrade or are you talking about the blurb on the Roland site?
          TD-9_stealth Yamaha, HPD-15, HPD-10, Octapad etc.

Comment

@Martygras - I just found the Roland page linked above in my first post---that's it! I haven't actually gotten my TD-9 yet, but when I do, if it's v1.0, I'll definitely be calling Roland to see about the upgrade to v2.0.

Comment

Thanks Scott. I did see on another thread that Roland has a 24 hour turn around from the day it is received in.
              I assume it is required to get an RMA number first though.
              TD-9_stealth Yamaha, HPD-15, HPD-10, Octapad etc.

Comment

Working...
              X