Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-30 Metronome/Pattern Settings Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-30 Metronome/Pattern Settings Questions

Hey,

I am trying to work with the metronome and patterns in my TD30 but the volume is ear-piercing! I have been unsuccessful in finding a control for the volume level of the metronome (the most important tool I need to control) and even more the patterns' mix seems to be "locked" at it's extreme volume level. What can I do to adjust these? How do I use the metronome when each downbeat click is so loud that my ears feel like they're bleeding.

Any suggestions or additional knowledge would be fantastic.

Thanks!
    Drum Kit: Roland TD-30KV; Kick Pedals: Pearl Demon Drive Double Kick; Headphones: Shure SM535 In-Ear Monitors (Clear); Auxiliary Pads: random Alesis auxilary pads (from the ION drum rocker); Foot Switch: ION Drum Rocker kick; Drum Rack: MD25 plus Pearl square rack;

Hi ya
    Use the 4th and 5th faders when bottom indicator is lit. Its on pg 28 of the manual

Comment

The Groupfaders on the TD-30 adjust the metronome level, the 5:th fader says crash/click. Press the fader button so the downside light up then you can adjust the metronomelevel.

Comment

But, as far as I remember, there's nothing you can do about the volume being pegged at full for the built in patterns... yuck.
        eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
        aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
        TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

Another metronomequestion.
          Why does the metronome start att 160bpm, is there a way I can set it so everytime i start it starts at say 100bpm?

Comment

the metronome starts at whatever you last set it at, that said, you can assign a tempo to each kit so every time you change kit, the tempo changes. This is handy as i set up different kits for different songs (1 kit per song) and assign the tempo for the song (the kits are mostly the same to make sound check/levels etc easier)

Roland TD-30KV, Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal, Pearl H1000 hit hat stand, Shure SE530 IEMs, AKG K171 MKII Headphones, Mackie DLM PA, Yamaha MG102C mixer, Roland Studio Capture

Natal Walnut kit (US Fusion X), Bosphorus Antique 16" Crash & 22" Ride, Bosphorus Gold Series 14" hats.

Comment

Strange, If I use say 60bpm on my module and turn it of and then on again it starts at 160bpm

Comment

Working...
              X