Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im having headphone jack issues on my roland TD-6, Any way to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im having headphone jack issues on my roland TD-6, Any way to fix?

When I plug all the way into the headphone jack, I only get sound from the left channel... I have to pull the headphone jack out just slightly to get sound from both Left and Right channels, seems like the jack is loose, and is very touchy, I can move the jack around slightly and can hear the right channel come in an out. I took the blue shell off the TD 6 module but it looks like the headphone jack in on the underside of the motherboard and I dont want to break my module trying to figure out how to get to the jack.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix a shaky headphone jack on the Roland TD 6?

Much appreciated!

Thanks!

Found this post in the search, basically just says to use a tiny screwdriver to bend metal strips back toward the center of the jack. I will try n see what happens.

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ad...headphone-jack

Comment

Have you tried your headphones in another piece of equipment to see if the jack itself might be faulty?
      TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

Comment

yes, the headphone are fine, its the jack on the roland that is the issue, I tried to stick a safety pin in there to bend the metal flaps back towards the middle, but no luck.. I dont want to force the issue and risk breaking it further. Anyone know how to fix the jack? Will roland fix this issue if i send it in to them?

Comment

Whereabouts are you located? This sounds like a repair that could be done by any instrument repair agent - where the repair amps, etc.
          . digitalDrummer
          Review index

Comment

Thanks for the info, for now I am using the 1/4" outputs, is there any significant difference between the headphone jack output and the 1/4" L/R outputs?

Im located in orange by the way.

Comment

Where's orange? As in OC?
              . digitalDrummer
              Review index

Comment

Yea Orange County CA

Comment

Working...
                X