Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual kicks with TD-11. Need to buy a splitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual kicks with TD-11. Need to buy a splitter?

im using a td-11 on my drum set im building. is there a splitter i need to buy to turn the one plug into two so i can use two kd-9's?

i hate modules that have the fixed cable snake instead of individual input jacks

You need to make sure you get the right one for the job, as you want to split the mono signal you need either a Female 6.35mm TRS STEREO to two Female 6.35MM STEREO or MONO to two MONO.

NOT Stereo -> mono in this case (as is used for splitting pad/rim signals).

Out of interest why are you looking at two kd-9s rather than just a double pedal on one kd9?
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Double pedal works fine with my TD-11KV and KD-9, unless maybe you want two separate sounds (can't answer that).

Comment

Yeah - but even if you split the input, as it is one input being triggered by two pads you won't be able to assign different sounds to them. The only advantage is you could use two single kick pedals that are not linked together...
        --
        West London, UK.
        TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

That's right. You can't get 2 different sounds.
          electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Comment

....which still won't give him two different sounds on each pedal, unless the input he will connect it to is a stereo (dual-zone) input!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I dont think OP wants two different sounds

Comment

for clarification... - I don't want two sounds - I don't want to use a double pedal on one kd-9 unless I have to I bought a set locally to part out and it has two kd-9 which id like to use. not pleased with the pintech kick thing I'm using

Comment

Then yeah. see my post about splutters above.
                    --
                    West London, UK.

Comment

Working...
                    X