Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for recorded performance from Roland/2box pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for recorded performance from Roland/2box pads

I'm looking for recorded raw signal (i.e. piezo output, not midi or module output) from performance from Roland/2box pads, something to test my Maxmsp triggering system with. It would be great if you had some recordings at your hands. Google gave me just nothing, even single shot recordings are non-existent. It doesn't really matter if it is wav or mp3, and a couple of tracks with ghost notes and crosstalk would be even better.
    Last edited by graph; 12-27-13, 09:47 AM.

I doubt you would find such a recording.
    When playing live, you can't just use the piezo output, it's either the modules own sounds or MIDI to a VST. So, you won't find any live tracks with just the piezo output.
    For what you want, each pad would have to be connected to a sound interface. If pads are mono, they use one input. If pads are stereo, they use 2 inputs. Racks up an 8-input interface very quickly, then you have to move to another interface through ADAT to add up to 18 inputs... and from there, the price goes up!

There's only a couple of apps that use direct piezo input, DSPTrigger being one of them. I guess you are looking into doing the same thing.
    I had recorded my DIY snare's piezo output for the developer to help with some mistriggering... I don't think I kept that.

Good luck!

DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

As a temporary fix (until someone hooks up a 2box pad to an interface) you could use a short sine-wave signal or recorded metronome-clicks to see if and how Maxmsp responds to triggers.

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I've already got some sound sources, that are frequency responses of good pads and kit crosstalk which I would like to test the whole thing against. I'm not sure if I will be able to get my hands on decent kit any time soon.
        Originally posted by perceval View Post
        There's only a couple of apps that use direct piezo input, DSPTrigger being one of them. I guess you are looking into doing the same thing.
        I had recorded my DIY snare's piezo output for the developer to help with some mistriggering... I don't think I kept that.
        Sure, that's the kind of scenario I'm counting on. If I do audio-to-midi with computer, I usually keep the audio part.

Comment

Working...
        X