Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cymbal Mounting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cymbal Mounting Question

I'm totally new to this whole VDrums deal so this may be a duplicate question...

I just picked up a CY-12R/C to use as a ride cymbal and I'm trying to mount it nice and low. I don't want to use an MDY-12 cymbal mount if it's avoidable as it's unnecessarily long for this application, not to mention they're about $80 where I live. I'd rather use an MDH-12 pad mount and mount the ride like the hi-hat... the problem is that the CY-12R/C didn't come with the hardware to do that, and a 20 minute internet search seems to indicate the the only way to get this hardware is to buy a hi-hat.

Ideas? Does anybody know where a guy can get JUST the hi-hat mounting hardware to use with an MDH-12 pad mount?

Thanks,
    Chris

You could use one of the basic roland straight arm mounts and just cut the long bar down - it will sit about as close as one of the hihat mounts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-Cymba...item5d479002b8
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Working...
    X