Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD4 buzzing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD4 buzzing

Hey all,

New to the site and this is my first post. I recently acquired a TD4 for home. I've been playing a TD10 at church and thought a smaller version for home practice would be nice. However, when I hook it up to the sound system there is a very odd buzzing sound and the pads make a horrible noise when struck. So, I switched to headphones and the same thing. Is there any troubleshooting I can do? What should I look for?

That doesn't sound right at all.

First thing I would look at would be the power supply - is it genuine? is it plugged in correctly (all the way at both ends) any damage to it?
    Then the loom - same again, is it plugged in correctly, any damage anywhere? any loose plugs?

Did you buy it new or second hand?
    You might also want to try a factory reset - but it sounds more serious than that to me
    Last edited by Cheddies; 12-18-13, 05:03 AM. Reason: Typo
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Working...
    X