Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TD-9 module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-9 module?

1. Does the TD-9 support mesh heads? I will be using Hart Dynamic mesh heads on my acoustic kit.
    2. Assuming I get a module that supports positional sensing (like a TD-8), Will positional sensing work on my mesh heads?
    Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
    Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
    DIY vdrums

Real quick:

1. YES

2. Yes again, depending on your use of center-cone triggers on your acoustic kit.

I would tend to favor a used TD-9 over a TD-8 - positional sensing or not - because the TD-9 is an almost ten years younger module.
    If you are really keen on having pos-sens, why not look into a used TD-12 module?

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

thankx HTH. Yeah price mostly otherwise a TD12 would be great. Looking at the TD-9 inputs, looks like I can use the snare and aux input for rim shot - trigger I'm using is ddrum piezo/piezo?
      DIY vdrums

Comment

Sorry, I didn't quite understand your last question.... The TD-9 has one 'Aux' input, which is a (splittable) stereo piezo/piezo input.
        The 'Snare' input is a stereo piezo/piezo input too, so you don't have to use a secondary trigger. You'll get a dual-zone snare (head/rim) out-of.the-box!

If you are using DDrum triggers: Is your snare-trigger dual-zone capable (DDrum 'Pro' trigger) ?

Hope This Helps.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

u
          Originally posted by ronyd View Post
          thankx HTH. Yeah price mostly otherwise a TD12 would be great. Looking at the TD-9 inputs, looks like I can use the snare and aux input for rim shot - trigger I'm using is ddrum piezo/piezo?
          All your Piezo/Piezo drums will work dual zone on both Aux and Snare (and also tom1 tom2 and tom3 - they are all Piezo/Piezo and split-able)
          --
          West London, UK.
          TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

DIY vdrums

Comment

Cool!
              Even better than the Ddrum Pro. If you like, write us a review on how it performs and such.

If I needed to use aux input, they make Snare Y-Cable which is a XLR-female connector out to 2 x 1/4 TS connectors.
              Again (just to clarify), no need for splitting OR using the aux input, if all you want is a dual--zone snare with rimshot!

Hope this helps

Comment

How do I determine if the TD-9 is version 2 when buying from a seller on ebay?
                DIY vdrums

Comment

If it has 99 kit slots (some may say user kit) it is ver 2. Less and it is ver 1
                  "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

In addition to what Intruder wrote, there's also a more complex way to show the TD-9's system version:

To make it visible on the display , you'll have to...

1. Press [SETUP]

2. Hold [SHIFT] and press [EXIT]

3. Release [SHIFT] and [EXIT], and press [CURSOR Left] and then [CURSOR Down]

HTH

Comment

Good info guys. Looking at rolands site for the td9 in the support section. They dont provide the 2.0 firmware upgrade?
                      DIY vdrums

Comment

the version 2 upgrade was not free, it was on a usb, and roland quickly ran out of them....roland usa offers a service of installing v2 if you send the module back to them. contact roland customer service to see if this offer is still valid...on the other hand, v2 wasnt that much of a upgrade...the ability to have 99 user kits instead of 50, ability to play mp3 through the usb instead of having to use the mix in, and 30 new sounds for the snare and kick, and according to Chris of Vexpressions, only a couple of them were worth getting excited about...no new sounds to the hihat, which was needed...
                        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

saku, good to know. I think nice to have but not a must have for sure.
                          DIY vdrums

Comment

Working...
                          X