Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPD-S with External pads can't make Patch+/Patch- work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD-S with External pads can't make Patch+/Patch- work

Calling all wizards...

I already know how to make the integrated pads on the SPD-S advance up or down a patch.

Problem is it won't seem to let me do that from external triggers.

It doesn't matter whether I directly plug the external pads into the Trig1/2 jack or use midi through my TMC-6 or PM-16. Midi mapping is correct. The sounds trigger correctly but I can't crack the code on using the external triggers as (patch+/patch-) switches.

I'm actually trying to be able to have a hand clap follow my acoustic snare trigger only during certain parts of a song for instance.

The Roland technician suggested that the only way to do that was to create a blank patch adjacent to the one I really want to use, and use a couple more triggers to (real time, in the middle of a song) to advance it (patch+) to the blank patch when I didn't want the clap and use the other trigger to bring it back (patch-) when I needed the clap.

I've tried the Velocity and Wave A/B methots for SW and they are too finicky for live performances with acoustic triggers.

I would appreciate any clarification or best practices if anyone has it...

Thanks!

It should be exactly the same to set an external pad for Patch +/- at SETUP, Ctrl SW as for internal pads, if directly connected to Trig 1/2.

If via MIDI from a TMC-6 or PM-16, you would have to set MIDI PRG CHG to the actual patch number(s), rather than +/- (TMC-6, Page 24).

A foot switch may be easier/better though, as then you could positively switch from Wave A (Clap) to Wave B (OFF) without changing patches.

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 12-14-13, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X