Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper way to set up TD15KV Hi Hat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper way to set up TD15KV Hi Hat?

Hi

Have a new TD 15KV set. i got the full hi hat, with the stand etc. however i followed the instructions and it works fine except for when you let up on your foot to get that swoosh sound (sorry not sure how to describe it and am new to drumming) i have to let my foot off all the way and then its just a nice OPEN hi hat sound. i am trying to get it like a real hi hat so i can play closed and that open sound and back and forth smoothly

i have tried adjusting the tension and chain etc but there doesnt seem to be much i can do there

the hi hat pad is about an inch above the trigger mechanism so there is a good inch inbetween closed and full open

is there a way to set these up for smooth operation closed to open and being able to operate it between the 2?

hope i am describing this ok

thanks

Gave you got the pad settings right in the module?
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

You say that you have set it up as per the instructions? The gap between the metal portion in the centre on the lower hi-hat and the sensor should be 3 mm. If that is what you are describing when you say about and inch above the trigger mechanism it's obviously to wide a gap. Make sure that you have the leads plugged into the right sockets and try and re-calibrate as per the instructions. I had to calibrate mine about 3 times before I got it to play as I wanted it to.
      TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

Comment

ah

yes mine is prety large! i will re adjust it to 3mm

one weird thing though is when its really tight like that the pedal doesnt move then?

i will try it and report back. i found the instructions in the manual pretty vague which is why i think i am having this trouble with it

thanks though, will check it out

Comment

Trock, I assume that it is the VH -11 hi hat?
          TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

Comment

Hi
            yes, its the full stand one,

http://www.roland.com/V-Drums/lineup/mid-range.html

you can see it there. i dont have the double kick but the rest is the same

Comment

You shouldn't have to mess too much with the hi hat stand itself except adjusting the spring settings if you have that facility. Don't forget that you also have the offset device on top on the hi hat cymbal to adjust the open close if it's not opening or closing enough. Keep at it you'll get there

Comment

its weird no matter where i set the pad, tight, 3 mm, or 1 inch i cant get a smooth flow

if its 3mm its to tight and the chain on th pedal doesnt work

if its an inch the pedal is fine but i have to take my foot off completely for the open hi hat sound to trigger

i can either close it and it works or foot off open and it works, but i cant combine them like i would on a real hat

not sure what else to try here or now? just isnt working for me in any setup so far

Comment

• Mau
                  Mau commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have a look at this and see if it helps. Failing that I'm running out of ideas. The link, I think is for a mobile device as I accessed it via my iPad. If it doesn't load just search YouTube for VH 11 adjustment.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WguOg6tcsps

hey

thanks for the help, i have it pretty decent now, its def not like a real hi hat and i think i was expecting that, however with some adjustment in how i play i can make it work pretty decently now

i think i am good!

off to figure out midi drumming in cubase! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X