Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-4 KP pads with a TD-12 brain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-4 KP pads with a TD-12 brain?

I have my TD-12 based kit. Moving it is a pain. The TD-4 KP is certainly much easier to move around. So wouldn't hooking up the more portable kit to a better module be something? I realize I would need different cables as the TD-4 has a dedicated "snake" type cable. I wonder about pad settings for the new pads? I also e-mailed Roland about this. Any TD-4 KP owners feel free to chimeric with likes/dislikes about the kit. Thanks.
    Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

"Chimeric" should have been "chime in"......
    Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Cant see any reason why it wouldnt work. I am currently using a td11 with pads from a yamaha kit. Nothing special about the td4 pads as far as I know. Would make for a sweet littleportable kit.
      Last edited by Cheddies; 12-10-13, 05:59 PM.
      --
      West London, UK.
      TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

You'd have single zone tom pads, but probably that's about all you'd really lose. Can you try it out before buying?
        Another option would be to build up a PDX-8 based mini on stands. It'd be about the same portability if done right, but with dual zone pads and bigger targets to hit!

Comment

I guess I'll find out some of this when my TD-4 KP arrives next week. Looking forward to having some portability. Having a new toy is always nice. I can figure out how to mix in some of the TD-12 bits. I'll chime in with some kit comments as well.
          Michael

Comment

Working...
          X