Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my Cy-5 Dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my Cy-5 Dying

Hi everyone,

I use a CY-5 as my hi-hats and it's been acting up lately. If I hit it with the same velocity repeatedly, the volume of the hits changes, there are dead spots, and it also double triggers. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough to annoy me and make it very noticeable when I play. I looked at the stereo jack itself and there are two small grooves dug into the metal of the plug, I'm assuming this is from years of use. It doesn't seem to affect the plug at all because if I plug it into a different pad, it triggers just fine. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Is my hi-hat indeed dying and should I just get a new one? I'm not an electrical expert by any means so I'm not sure I would know what's going on inside the trigger itself if I were to take it apart. Thanks for any help!

Lee
    TD-9 with Master 50 VEX pack. Three PD-85 dual triggered toms plus one 10" Hart Acupad. 10" Jobeky Drums snare. 8" Hart Acupad kick. CY-5 as hats, CY-8 and CY-14 as crashes, and CY-12R/C as ride.

Is it double triggering on the rim, bow, or both?

You could try replacing the jack, board, and piezo, it fixed all the problems with my CY-5. Contact Roland Parts Service from the country you are in, and ask about part 5100024129. It cost me about ten dollars when I ordered it.
    Last edited by leathco; 12-09-13, 04:50 PM.
    Current Kit - TD6-KV originally, added CY12R/C as a ride and upgraded rack toms to PDX-6, upgraded floor tom to PD-85, upgraded hi-hats to CY-5, upgraded brain to TD-9, upgraded bass to KD-120. Gibraltar 9608MB throne, Easton Ahead sticks.

Comment

The two grooves are a known fault of the cy5, and can be causing the problem. They will also get worse. Replacing the plug (or the entire snake) will help. The fault probably isnt in the cy5, though you can test that by plugging one of the cymbal cablesi into the cy.
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll check out both of those options.
        TD-9 with Master 50 VEX pack. Three PD-85 dual triggered toms plus one 10" Hart Acupad. 10" Jobeky Drums snare. 8" Hart Acupad kick. CY-5 as hats, CY-8 and CY-14 as crashes, and CY-12R/C as ride.

Comment

Working...
        X