Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HALION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HALION!

Anybody here is using Steinberg Halion? I am trying to get it to work but I can't. I am very new to all of this. Does it work only with MIDI input or I can play a MIDI file to sample it?

Thanks,
    kornalius.

Ok, I know I sound stupid! Sorry about that! I am.

I just want to know, if I can trigger samples with a MIDI file playing in VST to try out my settings?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes.. Yes you can.
      Check my VSTi project! http://hem.bredband.net/b125831

Comment

Yeah I purchased Halion along with cubase thinking that software sampling would be great. Well, the samples are awesome and it works MOST of the time, but there were issues with the v-ride. Halion's OK, but you can't take it with you. Plus, I don't like the mapping function. Check out some of the dedicated soft samplers. There was an long article of soft samplers in Electronic Musician a couple of months ago. Those new Akai hardware samplers are looking really sweet!
        Cheers,

JHH

Comment

Wow, kornalius, you're using Fruity Loops, VST, Halion, and Gigasampler?

You must have some big money to spend on software that you don't seem to know how to use....

)

[This message has been edited by BINARY (edited March 23, 2002).]

Comment

Yeah right! I have to try them first! I will certainly buy one after the EVALUATION period!

Comment

uh huh ::wink:: ::wink::

[This message has been edited by DRulz (edited May 06, 2002).]

Comment

Grokster?
                The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Yes, or Kazaa...
                  TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Working...
                  X