Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KD120 Sensitivity Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD120 Sensitivity Issue

I just purchased a V-Session Kit. My KD 120 pad is much quieter than the other pads. What is the best way to resolve this? I did adjust the head tension as suggested in the product literature.

Originally posted by ee5:
    I just purchased a V-Session Kit. My KD 120 pad is much quieter than the other pads. What is the best way to resolve this? I did adjust the head tension as suggested in the product literature.
    I'd start with turning the slider up, followed by going to Control Room, Mixer and adjusting the individual volume for the kick pad.

It's also a good idea to control your enthusiasm and spend some time with the manual (Ha! Like that's possible.)
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
      I'd start with turning the slider up, followed by going to Control Room, Mixer and adjusting the individual volume for the kick pad.

It's also a good idea to control your enthusiasm and spend some time with the manual (Ha! Like that's possible.)
      Thanks for your suggestion. I am aware of that fix. I am looking for a possible mechanical solution or a way of determining if my KD 120 is defective.

Comment

Try plugging another pad into the Kick input. If its still too quiet, its probably some setting you have somewhere or maybe your master out volume knob is turned down too low. What output jacks are you using, and what output do you have the kick directed to? Also check your trigger settings to make sure you've got the right pad designated for the kick trigger input. Check your pan settings too, you might have your kick panned way to one side or something weird like that. Is the problem the same through the headphone jack as the other output jacks?

Comment

Yep, trigger settings are a good place to look. Besides the pad assignment, also check the basic and advanced trigger settings. Especially if plugging in another pad gives you the same results. Several trigger settings could account for this type of problem.
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X