Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VH-11 Spinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-11 Spinning

How do I keep my VH-11 from spinning around? I've used cable ties and they seemed to work for a while but not it is spinning around again? What am I doing wrong?
    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Use a hihat stand that has an anti-rotation rod.
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by Drumzilla View Post
      How do I keep my VH-11 from spinning around? I've used cable ties and they seemed to work for a while but not it is spinning around again? What am I doing wrong?
      As Saku said - some hi-hat stands have rods that can rotate. This sounds like your problem. Only option is to get one where the rod screws in and doesn't rotate. I believe that means any Gibraltar or DW stand, but other brands too (search here, it's been covered quite a bit).

Comment

Thanks. I'll look into this. I've got a Gibraltar stand. This was my first VH-11 and I'm still getting used to it.
        Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

If the rod is threaded and can be unscrewed from the stand (pretty much every hi hat stand is built like this for ease of portability) just go out to the hardware store with the rod and find a nut that threads on to it. It will cost less than 10 cents. Screw the rod back in the hi hat stand and tighten the nut and that thing wont turn any more.
          I think my work is done here.

Comment

My VH-11 hat stays put on my DW3000 stand. What rotates for me though, is the bottom sensor part.. just a little bit after and hour or so of play. haven't figured out to keep that from rotating though... Just a minor annoyance.
            I've been drumming for 43 years... I'm 42 years old.

Comment

Working...
            X