Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CY 6 cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY 6 cymbals

Hi V Friends,
    I recently bought 3 CY6 cymbals. I've had a problem with 2 of them already. The rim stoped working. At first when I would hit the rim area it would choke the cymbal, then the rim ended up not working at all. Has anyone else had this problem? Are the more expensive V cymbals better? Or did I just get a bad batch of CY6's? My Hart cymbals worked fine but I was missing the second trigger sound from each cymbal input. That's why I switched to the Roland cymbals. I wish Hart would make a cymbal that would have the same functionality as the V cymbals.
    Have a nice day... Rick
    (Chrome Hart BX Kit, TD 8 Module, All Roland Cymbals, Electrovoice SXA 250 Powered Monitor, Yamaha 10/2 Mixer, Alesis Pico Verb, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Samson S-Phone Headphone Amp/Mixer), V Club Kit, Boss BR-8 Digital Recorder, Sony 7509 Headphones, Roc & Soc's
    Charcoal Gray Metallic GMS Kit, Turquoise Sparkle Slingerland Kit. Many Zildjians...
    DRUMS - WOOHOO! I'm SILLY!

Ive never had a problem w/Cy6 ,maybe manufactures defect unless you have a TD8 with old software.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I bought the cymbals in December. They've worked well until a few weeks ago. I switched another cy6 to the inputs where the cy6's were malfunctioning and it worked fine. I think something happened to the FRS switch. I think I'll try a CY14.

Does anyone change around the sounds that are assigned from the edge of the cymbal to the bow of the cymbal? I like my edge to be the crash and the bow to be an effect such as a splash or china. To me, it feels odd to crash a cymbal with the tip of the stick onto the bow.
      (Chrome Hart BX Kit, TD 8 Module, All Roland Cymbals, Electrovoice SXA 250 Powered Monitor, Yamaha 10/2 Mixer, Alesis Pico Verb, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Samson S-Phone Headphone Amp/Mixer), V Club Kit, Boss BR-8 Digital Recorder, Sony 7509 Headphones, Roc & Soc's
      Charcoal Gray Metallic GMS Kit, Turquoise Sparkle Slingerland Kit. Many Zildjians...

Comment

They should be under warrantee....call Roland's Customer Service.

Comment

Originally posted by drumkit:
          Hi V Friends,
          I recently bought 3 CY6 cymbals. I've had a problem with 2 of them already. The rim stoped working. At first when I would hit the rim area it would choke the cymbal, then the rim ended up not working at all. Has anyone else had this problem?
          Mine broke last night. I was in the middle of a song and when I hit my main crash, it would immediately choke. I swapped it with my ride to make it through the night. I am going to take it back to where I bought it and see what they can do...

Comment

Hmm I ordered two CY-6's. My purpose is to use them as two single crashes, but I'm curious if and how the pos. sensing and/or choking will work with my ddrum4 brain, and also the pos. sensing with my alesis d4.

------------------
            My Personal homepage
            MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
            Music was my first love...

Comment

Arg...well, it just happened to me too. Mine came with a V-club set that I've had for under a month. I was just playing a song and I had what you guys describe...instant choke. That lasted for a few seconds, then I got no sound at all for a few seconds. After another 10 seconds or so, I found that the center trigger now triggers no matter where I hit the pad.

I'm going to try and get it replaced. I was almost ready to buy a third CY-6, but now I'm wondering if I should go with something else. I really like the CY-6...I'm just worried about this happening again.

Comment

I have four of these myself (which work perfectly so far). Sounds like Roland is headed for a recall on them. Has Roland ever recalled a product?
                I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I had a total of 3 CY 6's go bad. I really liked them. The response and isolation between the rim and bow were both great. One day one of them started choking as soon as I would hit the rim. A day or so after the first CY 6 malfunctioned the second one began having the same problem. I brought them back and put the credit towards 1 CY 14. The sales person told me that Roland had a bad batch of CY 6's. Within a week the third CY 6 had the same problem. I also brought that one back and put the credit towards another CY 14. It's too bad because I did like the feel and functionality of the CY 6 and the price was right too. The CY 14's seem much more durable. I was told Roland has had very few problems with the CY 14's and many problems with the 6's.
                  Have A Nice Day, Rick...

Comment

Working...
                  X