Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

CY 6 cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY 6 cymbals

Hi V Friends,
    I recently bought 3 CY6 cymbals. I've had a problem with 2 of them already. The rim stoped working. At first when I would hit the rim area it would choke the cymbal, then the rim ended up not working at all. Has anyone else had this problem? Are the more expensive V cymbals better? Or did I just get a bad batch of CY6's? My Hart cymbals worked fine but I was missing the second trigger sound from each cymbal input. That's why I switched to the Roland cymbals. I wish Hart would make a cymbal that would have the same functionality as the V cymbals.
    Have a nice day... Rick
    (Chrome Hart BX Kit, TD 8 Module, All Roland Cymbals, Electrovoice SXA 250 Powered Monitor, Yamaha 10/2 Mixer, Alesis Pico Verb, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Samson S-Phone Headphone Amp/Mixer), V Club Kit, Boss BR-8 Digital Recorder, Sony 7509 Headphones, Roc & Soc's
    Charcoal Gray Metallic GMS Kit, Turquoise Sparkle Slingerland Kit. Many Zildjians...
    DRUMS - WOOHOO! I'm SILLY!

Ive never had a problem w/Cy6 ,maybe manufactures defect unless you have a TD8 with old software.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I bought the cymbals in December. They've worked well until a few weeks ago. I switched another cy6 to the inputs where the cy6's were malfunctioning and it worked fine. I think something happened to the FRS switch. I think I'll try a CY14.

Does anyone change around the sounds that are assigned from the edge of the cymbal to the bow of the cymbal? I like my edge to be the crash and the bow to be an effect such as a splash or china. To me, it feels odd to crash a cymbal with the tip of the stick onto the bow.
      (Chrome Hart BX Kit, TD 8 Module, All Roland Cymbals, Electrovoice SXA 250 Powered Monitor, Yamaha 10/2 Mixer, Alesis Pico Verb, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Samson S-Phone Headphone Amp/Mixer), V Club Kit, Boss BR-8 Digital Recorder, Sony 7509 Headphones, Roc & Soc's
      Charcoal Gray Metallic GMS Kit, Turquoise Sparkle Slingerland Kit. Many Zildjians...

Comment

They should be under warrantee....call Roland's Customer Service.

Comment

Originally posted by drumkit:
          Hi V Friends,
          I recently bought 3 CY6 cymbals. I've had a problem with 2 of them already. The rim stoped working. At first when I would hit the rim area it would choke the cymbal, then the rim ended up not working at all. Has anyone else had this problem?
          Mine broke last night. I was in the middle of a song and when I hit my main crash, it would immediately choke. I swapped it with my ride to make it through the night. I am going to take it back to where I bought it and see what they can do...

Comment

Hmm I ordered two CY-6's. My purpose is to use them as two single crashes, but I'm curious if and how the pos. sensing and/or choking will work with my ddrum4 brain, and also the pos. sensing with my alesis d4.

------------------
            My Personal homepage
            MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
            Music was my first love...

Comment

Arg...well, it just happened to me too. Mine came with a V-club set that I've had for under a month. I was just playing a song and I had what you guys describe...instant choke. That lasted for a few seconds, then I got no sound at all for a few seconds. After another 10 seconds or so, I found that the center trigger now triggers no matter where I hit the pad.

I'm going to try and get it replaced. I was almost ready to buy a third CY-6, but now I'm wondering if I should go with something else. I really like the CY-6...I'm just worried about this happening again.

Comment

I have four of these myself (which work perfectly so far). Sounds like Roland is headed for a recall on them. Has Roland ever recalled a product?
                I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I had a total of 3 CY 6's go bad. I really liked them. The response and isolation between the rim and bow were both great. One day one of them started choking as soon as I would hit the rim. A day or so after the first CY 6 malfunctioned the second one began having the same problem. I brought them back and put the credit towards 1 CY 14. The sales person told me that Roland had a bad batch of CY 6's. Within a week the third CY 6 had the same problem. I also brought that one back and put the credit towards another CY 14. It's too bad because I did like the feel and functionality of the CY 6 and the price was right too. The CY 14's seem much more durable. I was told Roland has had very few problems with the CY 14's and many problems with the 6's.
                  Have A Nice Day, Rick...

Comment

Working...
                  X