Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Double Bass Drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Bass Drum

I know that you can use a double pedal on the KD 120. But what I want to know is, can two KD 120's be used on a single input to the TD10 module. Can it be split some how?

Originally posted by ee5:
    I know that you can use a double pedal on the KD 120. But what I want to know is, can two KD 120's be used on a single input to the TD10 module. Can it be split some how?

There should be a mix in input so you can chain one kick to another. You don't need to connect to the TD-10 to get them both to trigger. You are stuck with using the same sound for both unless you get exotic. You are a long way from even thinking about that.

I know you feel like a kid on Christmas with a new toy, but you really would do well to reserve a couple hrs a day and take things in a logical order using the manual.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
      There should be a mix in input so you can chain one kick to another
      Hi Boingo,

I chained a KD-7 with a KD-120 via the mix in from the KD-7. I'm on my work now so I cannot look, but I never noticed a mix-in on my KD-120. If there is, i'm very happy!

Groeten, Peter

------------------
      My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
      My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

I don't own one so I don't know for sure and the Roland site doesn't mention it. I would assume you could be creative and use something like a y connector/cable or maybe a send/return cable to make it happen. I'm positive others have this set up and are successful in chaining two together.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I have two KD-80's on one input on my TD8 using a y cable. Works perfect and you can assign two individual sounds.

Comment

There is no mix in jack on the KD 120.

Comment

Working...
            X