Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Starr Labs DrumBar..Anyone????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starr Labs DrumBar..Anyone????

Has anyone seen this...
    <a href="http://www.starrlabs.com/percussion.html">http://www.starrlabs.com/percussion.html</a>? I am interested to see how it plays and you can't demo it anywhere.

The side note is that when I wrote an email asking questions about it...the CEO called me to chat about it. THAT is some serious customer service.

I built something similar to this that I have used live. Basically I took a guitar body and put some triggers on it a la Futureman. It works great with the TD8 and isfun to stand and walk around on stage with the other players in the band. Setup was a breeze as well! A guital case, module and an amp! Good fun but I like to hit things too much.
    V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Harvey is a great guy and one of the best engineers there is.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

>>I built something similar to this that I have used live. Basically I took a guitar body and put some triggers on it a la Futureman. <<

Yeah...That was my impression. I could easily build something like that but what finger triggers could do the TD-10 justice???

Which triggers did you use?

Harvey was awesome on the phone by the way.

Comment

They were mail order peizeos from an electronics .com place. Very similar to the radioshack peizeos. You can get some great sensitivity. I have recorded percussion tracks with it when I wanted that nice handrum feel. Good luck!
          V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

I'm using a Zendrum with a D4 and EMU Carnival.

Getting a Yamaha Dtxtreme module on loan this coming weekend to try out.
            Great fun though Roland Handsonic does a lot of the same things with built in sounds.
            www.zendrum.com

Cheers
            Mick
            www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

Working...
            X