Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I get my D4 up and running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I get my D4 up and running?

I've got a set of v-pro's and would like to know how to incorporate my alesis D4. If somebody could tell me how to rig it to get it to run w/ the td-10 I would appreciate it!! I am guessing that you run a midi cable in to the td-10. Is this right? If so, what do you have to do after this?

If I understand you right, you want to hook up the D4 and the TD-10 at the same time? I've done this as a sound experiment to get fatter, wierder stuff.

Run a MIDI cable from the TD-10 MIDI OUT to the D4's MIDI IN.

Run two mono cables from the D4's main outputs into a stereo converter that then plugs into the TD-10's MIX IN.

If the whole sheebang is going to be amped, make sure the MIX IN on the TD-10 goes to the master outputs.

On the D4, I set the MIDI: Prog Change:OFF to keep drumset changes from affecting the TD-10 although you might want the dial on the D4 to change kits on the TD-10.

Adjust all the various levels the way you want and away you go. Play the Vdrums and you get a mix of two different sounds from every thing. I thought it was pretty cool although I really picked up the D4 for a backup brain in case of emergency.

I hope this is what you meant.....

------------------
    -David

[This message has been edited by idrumjoy (edited April 20, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by idrumjoy (edited April 20, 2002).]
    -David

Comment

Working...
    X