Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

how do I get my D4 up and running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I get my D4 up and running?

I've got a set of v-pro's and would like to know how to incorporate my alesis D4. If somebody could tell me how to rig it to get it to run w/ the td-10 I would appreciate it!! I am guessing that you run a midi cable in to the td-10. Is this right? If so, what do you have to do after this?

If I understand you right, you want to hook up the D4 and the TD-10 at the same time? I've done this as a sound experiment to get fatter, wierder stuff.

Run a MIDI cable from the TD-10 MIDI OUT to the D4's MIDI IN.

Run two mono cables from the D4's main outputs into a stereo converter that then plugs into the TD-10's MIX IN.

If the whole sheebang is going to be amped, make sure the MIX IN on the TD-10 goes to the master outputs.

On the D4, I set the MIDI: Prog Change:OFF to keep drumset changes from affecting the TD-10 although you might want the dial on the D4 to change kits on the TD-10.

Adjust all the various levels the way you want and away you go. Play the Vdrums and you get a mix of two different sounds from every thing. I thought it was pretty cool although I really picked up the D4 for a backup brain in case of emergency.

I hope this is what you meant.....

------------------
    -David

[This message has been edited by idrumjoy (edited April 20, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by idrumjoy (edited April 20, 2002).]
    -David

Comment

Working...
    X