Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Polar Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polar Switch?

While examining some of my gear, I found a switch on the PD-7 on the side underneath the pad. Not having a manual (one is coming from Roland, hopefully soon), I'm not quite sure what the function of this switch is. Thanks for the help.

Chris

It's a switch that will reverse the electromagnetic field of the earth

Comment

Yes...and it tends to be quite annoying, will you please stop doing that?
      E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
      A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Sorry about that, guys. I didn't mean to mess up everything. Next time I'll let you know beforehand so as not to disturb the EM fields around your sadly sarcastic minds.

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't resist

But seriously, the switch is to change the polarity. It relates to the electric pulse that is generated by the pad. Setting the switch will change positive and negative:

[This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited April 16, 2002).]

Comment

What will be the effect of doing that?
            Groet,
            Cas
            DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Roland modules expect the trigger signal to start with a negative pulse. Other modules may expect it the other way around.

The switch make it easier to use roland pads with non-roland modules.

According to the PD7/PD9/KD7 manual:

"The PD7, PD9 and the KD7 are equipped with Polarity Switches which change the polarity of the trigger signal generated by hitting the PD7/PD9/KD7. Set the Polarity Switch to the position required by the trigger interface you are using. If the polarity is not correct, the sound level may be reduced or the signal delayed. Set it to the "-" position when you are using a TD5, TD10 or SPD-11. When using a TD7, either position will do"
              [This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited April 16, 2002).]

Comment

everybody need reverse polarity.......n.peart
                -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Working...
                X