Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland V-session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland V-session

I just ordered a Roland V-session kit in Purple with the PM-3 monitor system.
    I should receive the v-drums this week.
    I'm glad I found this newsgroup because I'm sure I'll be leaning on you more experienced drummers for help if I should stumble.
    I am a working drummer with the same band for eight years now.
    My question is: What are the best cases to transport the Roland V-session and PM-3 monitor system?
    I gig alot and will want to incorporate the v-session instead of my acoustic set, which I've been playing for 30 years.

------------------
    Woody
    Woody

2002 Purple V-Session w/PM-3 monitor-TDA-700 amplifier

1971 Psychedelic Red Ludwig Rockers with Zildjian cymbals

The best (most durable, protecting) is the most expensive: making flight cases your own. You need wood, the aluminium fittings and some durable paint. The advantage is that you can make them fit any size of pad, stand, module etc.
    Robert

Comment

I know the Anvil type cases you're talking about.
      I have a trap case like that, made by Anvil, that weighs 88 lbs. empty.
      I know that these are the top of the line, but, how are some of the other cases, like the SKB one that has the foam lining?
      Are these worth the money?

------------------
      Woody
      Woody

Comment

Hi Woody

Roland makes an expensive ($500) but well received case especially for the V's.

Personally, I use a very large Igloo ice cooler which holds EVERYTHING, which may be its downfall - it must weigh 100 pounds full. It was $50.00 at Costco.

Lots of people here at the forum have used various Rubbermaid containers, some of which come with wheels, with good success as well.

I don't believe that the majority of the Rubbermaid containers, or ice coolers, actually lock shut - they all would require a locking nylon strap.

Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Thanks for the prompt replies.
          I guess if you can't afford the Roland cases you should improvise with what is available out their.
          I like the ideas of using rubbermaid cases and toolboxes to get the job done.
          Thanks for the ideas!!!

------------------
          Woody
          Woody

Comment

If you're playing in town check out Beato soft cases, if you fly them you can always stick them in the bags into a trunk, they're already padded in the bags.
            Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Soft cases sound like the way to go if I'm only doing one night stands.
              Enough to keep all the eggs in one basket, yet, light weight enough to transport and set up.
              I have my acoustic set down to 5 cases for most gigs.
              It'll be interesting to see how these electronic drums will transport. I like the idea of having foamed-lined cases for the TD-10 module, though.

------------------
              Woody
              Woody

Comment

Look at a hard travel golf club case. Some of them wil fit even the big pads. Put foam between the pads. Go to a sporting good store for the best price.

Comment

To protect your TD-10 module (or other modules as well...), try a two-gun pistol case...the foam comes standard and can be cut to "mold" around the module.

You could also try a hardsided suitcase or attache case. Look on eBay using the following search words: "cases", "anvil", "ATA"

As for the pads and pedals, I would agree with the hardsided, plastic tool box already suggested. I've seen some that offer locks too. Casters and a nice foam lining can be added very easily.

Good luck on your QUEST for the perfect case!

Comment

Got my kit the other day. Here's a picture.
                    http://www.metrocast.net/~rhythm/session2.JPG

This sucker's awesome.

------------------
                    Woody
                    Woody

Comment

Are you guys sure that roland makes a case for the session kit. I thought they only made a vcustom travel case for $500.

------------------
                      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
                      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Yes...they do make a hardsided, plastic case which holds the V-Session kit. It was first produced for the V-Pro kit...and basically holds the (5) mesh pads, PD-series rubber pads, snare stand, FD-7, KD-7 and TD-10 module. It WILL NOT, however, hold the new CY-series cymbal pads or upright KD-120 kick...they are too large.

It's like a large "clamshell" and has thick density foam which is pre-molded and cut to fit each item. There are (4) locking clasps on the sides...

I use mine all the time and love it!!!

Comment

lee,
                          That sounds awesome, where can I get one. What is the model #?, where did you get yours?

------------------

Comment

drumlogic,
                            Here's a link to the case.
                            http://www.rolandus.com/products/info/html/vcasefx.htm

You can get them most anywhere V-Drums are sold.

Comment

Actually, if you visit the sponser of this newsgroup, you will find it sold here.
                              http://www.vdrums.com/store.html

This seems to be the best price I've found for them.
                              Although you should shop around for the best price.

------------------
                              Woody
                              Woody

Comment

Working...
                              X