Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Club Kit won't choke cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Kit won't choke cymbals

I purchased a barely used club kit (TD-6) from a local music store for my project studio. I played it in the store and had no problem choking the cymbols. Now that the kit is home, I can't get a choke.

(I was using a user defined kit at the store)

I have reset the TD-6 to factory defaults. Is there a trick for cymbol chokes?

------------------
    If God is in all of us (like they say) I hope he likes burritos because thats what he's getting.
    If God is in all of us (like they say) I hope he likes burritos because thats what he's getting.

make sure you are using the round stereo cords an the cymbals and not the flat 2 wire ones.

Comment

I just got my drumset recently and was having the same problem. After messing with all the settings and getting real pissed off, I realized that the problem was that I was using a mono cable instead of a stereo one. I have a TD-10 and Hart ecymbal II's, but i wouldnt be surprised if your having the same problem. Make sure the cables you're using have 2 little lines on them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope this helps

Comment

Yep, stereo cables. That's the ticket....
        TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

That was the ticket. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
          X