Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-5 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-5 Questions

Greetings all. I recently became the proud owner of a Roland Trap Set powered by the TD-5, and I had a few questions:

1) I know that one can reset the factory-set Patches and delete any user kits you created. If this is done too many times, could it damage the module?

2) I know the module has an internal battery for its memory. What kind of battery is this, and where could I obtain it?

3) I plan on connecting a MIDI controller to this system. If I wanted to alter the sounds these pads trigger, would I do this the same way I would alter any other pad?

Thanks.

First of all, welcome to this board Jaay!

1) I know that one can reset the factory-set Patches and delete any user kits you created. If this is done too many times, could it damage the module?
    No
    2) I know the module has an internal battery for its memory. What kind of battery is this, and where could I obtain it?
    Don't know, someone else?
    3) I plan on connecting a MIDI controller to this system. If I wanted to alter the sounds these pads trigger, would I do this the same way I would alter any other pad?
    The midi controller is sending midi note number.
    Each triggerinput on your TD-5 has it's own midi notenumber.
    (Watch out! you can not change those numbers on a TD-5)
    If your midicontroller is sending a midi notenumber that belongs to one of the triggerinputs, then you can edit that one the same as hitting the pad that is connected to that triggerinput.

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Working...
    X