Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-5 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-5 Questions

Greetings all. I recently became the proud owner of a Roland Trap Set powered by the TD-5, and I had a few questions:

1) I know that one can reset the factory-set Patches and delete any user kits you created. If this is done too many times, could it damage the module?

2) I know the module has an internal battery for its memory. What kind of battery is this, and where could I obtain it?

3) I plan on connecting a MIDI controller to this system. If I wanted to alter the sounds these pads trigger, would I do this the same way I would alter any other pad?

Thanks.

First of all, welcome to this board Jaay!

1) I know that one can reset the factory-set Patches and delete any user kits you created. If this is done too many times, could it damage the module?
    No
    2) I know the module has an internal battery for its memory. What kind of battery is this, and where could I obtain it?
    Don't know, someone else?
    3) I plan on connecting a MIDI controller to this system. If I wanted to alter the sounds these pads trigger, would I do this the same way I would alter any other pad?
    The midi controller is sending midi note number.
    Each triggerinput on your TD-5 has it's own midi notenumber.
    (Watch out! you can not change those numbers on a TD-5)
    If your midicontroller is sending a midi notenumber that belongs to one of the triggerinputs, then you can edit that one the same as hitting the pad that is connected to that triggerinput.

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Working...
    X