Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CY-6 rim trigger stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY-6 rim trigger stopped working

Hi everyone,

At some point when I was playing this evening, the rim-trigger of the CY-6 I'm using as a ride cymbal stopped working. This has had two effects -- can't choke (which I very rarely do on that cymbal anyhow), and of course, no rim sound. I've confirmed that the problem isn't with my module (TD-6) or with the cable. All I can really think of is that I mighta whacked it too hard while playing -- hmpfh.

I'm tempted to set it up as an auxilliary cymbal on a mono line and replace the ride with a new CY-6, but if I could fix it another way, that would be ideal of course.

Any suggestions on how I should go about doing that? Is it safe to open up the CY-6? Any and all advice/help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :-)

warren.

Welcome to the forum. Just a suggestion, next time look to see if a topic is already being discussed. You can use the search tool to find topics.
    http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/001496.html

Now back to the topic...

My cy-6 broke at the rim after about 6 months and it would choke instantly when you hit it. This was my primary crash. I took mine back to Guitar Center and they got me an RMA number and shipped it back for me.

Are your cymbals still under warranty? I think they have a year on them.

[This message has been edited by animal (edited April 16, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
    X