Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

CY-6 rim trigger stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY-6 rim trigger stopped working

Hi everyone,

At some point when I was playing this evening, the rim-trigger of the CY-6 I'm using as a ride cymbal stopped working. This has had two effects -- can't choke (which I very rarely do on that cymbal anyhow), and of course, no rim sound. I've confirmed that the problem isn't with my module (TD-6) or with the cable. All I can really think of is that I mighta whacked it too hard while playing -- hmpfh.

I'm tempted to set it up as an auxilliary cymbal on a mono line and replace the ride with a new CY-6, but if I could fix it another way, that would be ideal of course.

Any suggestions on how I should go about doing that? Is it safe to open up the CY-6? Any and all advice/help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :-)

warren.

Welcome to the forum. Just a suggestion, next time look to see if a topic is already being discussed. You can use the search tool to find topics.
    http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/001496.html

Now back to the topic...

My cy-6 broke at the rim after about 6 months and it would choke instantly when you hit it. This was my primary crash. I took mine back to Guitar Center and they got me an RMA number and shipped it back for me.

Are your cymbals still under warranty? I think they have a year on them.

[This message has been edited by animal (edited April 16, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
    X