Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PD-80R Question...Sorry if it's dumb or asked B4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-80R Question...Sorry if it's dumb or asked B4

Can anyone tell me if the PD-80R which is the DUAL trigger mesh pad, will work with BOTH triggers when connected to ONLY the AUX2 input on my TD-10?

I have the white V-Session kit and all but AUX 2 are filled.

I want 1 other pad, and I figured I'd keep with the silent mesh headed pads, but I wanted dual zone triggering...

I saw the PD-80R on the Roland UK site, and got all excited, but then these questions popped into my head and I couldn't find the info out anywhere...

Thanks in advance...

Maverick.

PS Hey Boingo!! How you doing buddy!?

Originally posted by Maverick:
    Can anyone tell me if the PD-80R which is the DUAL trigger mesh pad, will work with BOTH triggers when connected to ONLY the AUX2 input on my TD-10?

I have the white V-Session kit and all but AUX 2 are filled.

I want 1 other pad, and I figured I'd keep with the silent mesh headed pads, but I wanted dual zone triggering...

I saw the PD-80R on the Roland UK site, and got all excited, but then these questions popped into my head and I couldn't find the info out anywhere...

Thanks in advance...

Maverick.

PS Hey Boingo!! How you doing buddy!?
    I'm doing just fine. Things seem to be going well with you judging the recent equipment purchases. Being the procrastinator that I am, I'm just finishing up my taxes (actually I'm 2 days early compared with previous years). I don't know why I wait so long since I'm getting a refund. I'm already getting ideas on how to spend it.

According to a post I just looked at, the PD-80R is just like the PD-120, i.e., dual piezo triggers. My understanding is it will only give you dual trigger functionality in the snare input and the test I just did on a PD-120 just confirmed it. I filled my aux inputs with the hard pads. I generally use them for x-stick, tamborine and some erotic, err, I mean exotic sounds. Looks like you might need a piezo/fsr type pad for the aux.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
    X