Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8 updated...demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 updated...demo

Updated my TD-8 last night...(used digital performer, a fastlane usb midi interface and my ti-powerbook)...anyway, I was wondering if there is any way to see the drumkit settings that the new demo songs use...they sound pretty good, would be good to use as starting point for some new kits....
    BTW,
    1st post on this board...wish i would have found this place 2 yrs ago...
    Pintech tour elite kit, Soundcraft fx-16 console, sampson headphone amp, Alexis mideverb III,
    beringer compressor.

You made your TD8 update?ive been putting it off ,any problems?I have the software downloaded just afraid to Fuc something up,,,you say there are new songs?

Comment

I have a TD8 I didn't know you could update it. How do you do it? What other hardware is needed? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Posed for we who have updated our TD8s to v1.10 & to those TD10/V-Cymbal users: Are you using the CY1 or CY2 setting for your V-Cymbals & VHats (assuming you have them)?

I'm using the CY2 setting for both CY-12R/Cs & my CY-12H. I'm wondering if CY1 is better suited or not. Opinions Please?

------------------
        Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr
        Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

After doing the update I noticed that all of the cymbals now have CY1 as the trigger setting. I am still using some PD-7s at cymbals so I thought I would change them back to PD7. Once I did that the pads were not near as responsive as they were when they were set on CY1. Has anyone else had that experience?

Comment

I tried to upgrade my td8 to v1.10. I tried Roland's SMF utility first. Afterward,I checked the revision number and
            found that it hadn't changed. So, I tried to do it manually. One smf at a time.I followed the instructions
            posted at here but I did not see any other light on (except for PLAY) while I was playing the midi files.
            I changed out the midi cable in case it was bad.... Same result.....

Now I get a blank screen when I turn the td8 on. It doesn't respond to any keys. Is there a way to boot the
            unit up or will I have to take it to a service center?
            I appreciate any help I can get on this...

------------------
            TS
            TS

Comment

Ok, bottom line, should I leave my TD-8 alone?
              I don't have the V cymbals and don't plan on getting them anytime soon.
              Will this be an improvement? or make life worse?
              Thanks

------------------
              Jeff, using...
              td 8,PD-120,
              pintech pads,gibraltor rack, JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, BBE 462 yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
              The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Whew!
                That was a nerve-racking experience. The last thing I wanted to do was screw up my fairly new TD-8!

After reading and re-reading all of the posts covering the TD-8 upgrade and printing all of the read-me files and instructions, I decided to try it myself and it went really smooth. The SMF Player d/l'd from the Roland site couldn't have been easier to use. The only thing that threw me was when I powered back on after the update and received a error message that the back-up was "NG". I assume this meant it was No Good and the update did not take. I accepted the messages anyway and every thing was cool.

To those that are somewhat reluctant to try this, follow the TD-8 Update Procedures carefully, use the Roland SMF Player and everything will be allright.

Thanks to all that have come before us and have offered your suggestions and support.

August

Comment

Working...
                X