Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Fruityloops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruityloops!

Anybody here is using FruityLoops to trigger samples from the v-drums?

Is it good?

Originally posted by kornalius:
    Anybody here is using FruityLoops to trigger samples from the v-drums?

Is it good?
    I used to eat fruit loops when I was a kid but now that I'm much older, I can't say I'd recommend this product. I'm more into the bran generation now. Shredded Wheat & Bran is more my thing. Try them with raisins when you want an exciting change.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Very funny!

Comment

I use fruity loops occasionally, but not to trigger the V's. To be honest, since you can use any wave file as a sample, you're better off using drum sounds from a few sample CDs than to use the V-Drums.

Not dissing the Vs sounds mind you, but there's so much variety in sample CDs it's a hard solution to ignore.

BINARY

Comment

You can use wave samples in FruityLoops too. The only problem seems to come from the fact that the PIANO ROLL keys are assigned by channel (samples). Therefore if I trigger from VDrum (midi), I think only one channel is going to be used with different keys. So if I assign the kick sample on channel 1, I will get only the kick recorded! I am right, or totally lost?

Comment

Apple Jacks were Great too! I now eat Quaker Instant Oatmeal (High in Fiber, Complex Carbs) every morning. Measure 1 rounded cup of Oats, Add 1 & 1/2 cups of Extra Light 1% Milk, & Microwave on HIGH in a Stoneware Bowl for exactly 5 minutes. Hop in the shower for 10, run upstairs, & by then it's nice & cooled to eat! A real nutritional Powerhouse!

------------------
            Thanx.
            Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr
            Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

That's it. I've had it.

This is a discussion forum on electronic drumming, not a stand up comedy club.

A member - a new member to boot -- of our august group starts a thread in earnest with a technical question, and the peanut gallery junps in with irrelevant ( tho humorous) jibes because the computer program mentioned sounds like Frosted Flakes or somesuch.

C'mon people, have a little respect for the forum! In all of the internet, this website stands apart as a shrine to our interests, a triumphant beacon of instruction and illumination amidst the foul blackness of bias and derision.

This is a holy place for us, our Church. Please give it the respect you would give a Temple, a Synogogue, a Mosque, or a revival tent with snake handlers and the inbred speaking in tongues.

Speak here in hushed tones, with your head piously bowed, deep into your cereal bowls... and if we are pure enough, Rolandus God of Fire, will not be angry.

Cowering in fear,

Trickles
              Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Feefer

I'm so sorry about your cat. I certainly had no intention of bringing ill to anyone. Losing a pet can be very traumatic.I know how you feel.

Last year my new puppy, Corn Bran, was taken by an alligator. He didn't even have time to cower - all there was was one huge, quick crunch...and he was gone.

I'm afraid your recipe has brought it all back. Again. Sorry - I gotta go.

Comment

Corn Bran.

Crunch.

Alligators in Vermont.

Hey wait a minute. I don't think you're being serious about this.

That GB is such a kidder!
                  Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbaker:
                    This is a holy place for us, our Church. Please give it the respect you would give a Temple, a Synogogue, a Mosque, or a revival tent with snake handlers and the inbred speaking in tongues.
                    I got brow-beaten the last time I made a religious comment. Please refrain from making statements you do not understand. I am a pentecostal, but I am far from a snake-handler or an inbred.

Your complait was keeping this about drums....

Practice what you "preach" and leave religion out of this. Especially when it is derogatory.

Comment

Animal

My previous complaint was (your) religious prosylitizing and (mostly)Stoovey's religion-based demand for censorship of this forum.

On one hand, I resent being told what may or may not pass for humor on this board, derogotory or not, especially by the religious-minded.

Once again, (your) religious sensibilities are being paraded about to justify the stifling of (my admittedly derogatory) free speech. But it is offensive speech which needs to be protected, as nonoffensive speech bothers noone.

On the other hand, I got on your case a while back, for using this forum as a soapbox for your religious views. And, to be fair, my comments on "the inbred" could well be taken as religious commentary if they were, in fact, my actual views.

And I must come clean and admit to you that I really do believe the whole religion thing is a whopping big load of dingo kidneys.

Therefore, perhaps you are correct to chastize me for my remarks as being too persuasive against religion, and thereby contradicting my own complaints against religious prosylization...in this case antireligious prosylization.

But frankly, I don't think my comments were persuasive of anything (what else is new?). I think they were somewhat humorous. And I don't think that any and all comments about religion should necessarily be off limits to comedy.

Nevertheless, it was not my intention to insult anyone on this forum and if I have done so, I apologize. I may have gone too far with the "revival tent" line.

I wasn't calling you a snakehandler or an inbred; frankly I don't know why you took it personally (!).

To be honest, I think you saw an opportunity to "give " as good as you feel you "got" and you went for it.

Perhaps you should have turned the other cheek?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbaker:
                        Animal

Perhaps you should have turned the other cheek?

Omg, what a Hilarious (& cheeky) thing to say!! Can't help but LMAO! Thanx!

------------------

Comment

Quote by Gingerbaker:
                          ---------------------
                          And I must come clean and admit to you that I really do believe the whole religion thing is a whopping big load of dingo kidneys.
                          ---------------------

Bravo

------------------
                          VROOOOM~~ VROOOOM~~
                          [this space for sale]

Comment

Sorry Feefer...

------------------
                            VROOOOM~~ VROOOOM~~
                            [this space for sale]

Comment

Nice save Feef. This thread nearly spiraled into another religion debate!!!
                              PS I bet none of you have ever seen a real Dingo, or caught a Kangaroo to school.
                              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                              X