Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie q - disable dual triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie q - disable dual triggering

After long time of saving I just bought a TD8KV. I have only just installed it and haven't been able to plough through the whole manual.

I also got an extra PD120 which I use for my snare. The 'old' snare pad I now use as an extra tom. I managed to trigger it to tom but it still has the dual trigger on.

How do I disable this? Ideally I would like to use the rim as a cymbal but found the outside of the mesh also to trigger the cymbal (no good in a fill). How can I sort that out?

thanks!

I have not tried this myself, but maybe using a mono cable will disable the rim trigger.

Rob

Comment

I'll take this one......

Tom inputs on the TD-8 will only "rim trigger" with a piezo/FSR pad like a Roland PD-9/7 or similar pad. There is not much to disable. As far as the snare is concerned, you can set the rim sound to "off" or use a mono cable.
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
      X