Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

hi-hat pedal moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi-hat pedal moving

I searched the archives and could not find a solution. I have a V-session set and am having a problem with the hi-hat pedal sliding as I play. I have a carpet for my kit and I have the velcro on the pedal as well as the spikes deployed but the thing is just not sticking. I have seen before a product that you can screw through your carpet yo keep things from moving but can not find it anywhere. Does any one know what these little thing are or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Brian
    Brian

Check out this idea. I haven't tried it, but I am seriously considering it.
    http://members.aol.com/btnkbndt/floorboards.html

Comment

I bought these things a few years back called "Drum Ruggers". I used them with my acoustic kit ... on the kick drum spurs and legs of the HH stand. They screw through your carpet and work great. They're made to support legs but I think they'll work with a pedal alone. I believe I got them from Interstate Music.

Comment

I used a hot glue gun and glued old drumsticks to the carpet, in front of the pedals. It has held for two years now!

WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

Comment

I would start by adding more velcro to the bottom of the pedal. The velcro should really be more than enough, I have never had a problem with my pedal moving. Place the velcro in a V pattern may help also.

------------------
          Ted H.
          www.tocsinrocks.com
          Ted H.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I think my carpet is part of the problem, it isn't grabby enough for the velcro to reall work.

Brian
            Brian

Comment

Proper carpet is key.
              I always carry my own drum rug into gigs.
              And when there is carpet there I still use because I KNOW it works.
              I hate chasing my kick or hats around all night, what a distraction.

------------------
              Jeff, using...
              td 8,PD-120,
              pintech pads,gibraltor rack, JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, BBE 462 yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
              The original Gig Pig.

Comment

I always use my own carpet too. It is marked where everything goes plus I won't take a chance of ruining someone floor. To help keep my KD-120 from sliding to far I have lowered my cross bar so the drum will run into it if it does start to slide.

------------------
                Ted H.
                www.tocsinrocks.com
                Ted H.

Comment

I too use my own carpet and have everything marked out on it. I went for color over texture when buying it however, a black carpet looks nice with the white pads...and purple rack

Brian
                  Brian

Comment

I use a yoga mat, and it works like a dream. Nothing slips on it, and it sticks to wood floors like glue. Here is a link to one on the gaiam website:
                    http://www.gaiam.com/gai_ProductPage...oduct_Id=63052

Comment

Working...
                    X