Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using SPD-11 as a MIDI Controller with TD-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using SPD-11 as a MIDI Controller with TD-10

I am using an SPD-11 as a MIDI controller with my TD-10. How do I control volume for the sounds (note numbers)I assign to the SPD-11 pads? With my old set-up, a TD-7 and an Octopad II, it was easy. Assign a note number and then adjust volume for that sound. Not quite sure how to do it with the TD-10. I will be checking the manual but I would rather ask the PROS here!! Thanks for the help.
    Ted H.

Inst. > Cont. > MIDI > Dial. NO and THEN!

dude where's my car?
    http://www.evolbeats.com

Comment

I figured it out. I used the percusion group. I assign the SPD-11 pads at 60 or above(to make sure I don't interfere with the pads on the TD-10) and it works great. A little more time consuming to edit and play with but it works great. I guess reading the manual agian does pay off!! This gives me a lot of control and no worring about accidently changing pad sounds. Next I will be trying to layer the sounds and see what happens.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

Also when you use the percussion group you do not need to change the MIDI number for the SPD-11.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Im not sure if I get what your doing. I mean how else would you tell your td what drum to play with out setting the spd's note #'s.

I have the problem of my spd sounding too soft when I use the vdrums to sequence, or play it. any clues on that one?
          http://www.evolbeats.com

Comment

Sorry if this is a little off the beaten path. I just can't believe that I can't do a few things useing the SPD-20 with my TD-10. I can't start and stop sequences. Wouldn't it be nice if we could change patches with the SPD? Am I missing something or is it really impossible to do these things.
            [email protected]

Comment

If I had to do it again I would not have touch percussion group 1. It seems that the sequence patterns use percusion group 1. Now I have some funky messed up sounding sequences. I will have to change some stuff.

------------------
              Ted H.
              www.tocsinrocks.com
              Ted H.

Comment

I'm guilty of the #1 persuccion thing too. I tried to get them back manually, but, man that takes a lot of time. When I got my TDW-1 card I said, now's the time and defaulted the TD-10 back to the factory settings. I had to shed a tear when I did it, but it's all cool now.
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X