Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Using SPD-11 as a MIDI Controller with TD-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using SPD-11 as a MIDI Controller with TD-10

I am using an SPD-11 as a MIDI controller with my TD-10. How do I control volume for the sounds (note numbers)I assign to the SPD-11 pads? With my old set-up, a TD-7 and an Octopad II, it was easy. Assign a note number and then adjust volume for that sound. Not quite sure how to do it with the TD-10. I will be checking the manual but I would rather ask the PROS here!! Thanks for the help.
    Ted H.

Inst. > Cont. > MIDI > Dial. NO and THEN!

dude where's my car?
    http://www.evolbeats.com

Comment

I figured it out. I used the percusion group. I assign the SPD-11 pads at 60 or above(to make sure I don't interfere with the pads on the TD-10) and it works great. A little more time consuming to edit and play with but it works great. I guess reading the manual agian does pay off!! This gives me a lot of control and no worring about accidently changing pad sounds. Next I will be trying to layer the sounds and see what happens.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

Also when you use the percussion group you do not need to change the MIDI number for the SPD-11.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Im not sure if I get what your doing. I mean how else would you tell your td what drum to play with out setting the spd's note #'s.

I have the problem of my spd sounding too soft when I use the vdrums to sequence, or play it. any clues on that one?
          http://www.evolbeats.com

Comment

Sorry if this is a little off the beaten path. I just can't believe that I can't do a few things useing the SPD-20 with my TD-10. I can't start and stop sequences. Wouldn't it be nice if we could change patches with the SPD? Am I missing something or is it really impossible to do these things.
            [email protected]

Comment

If I had to do it again I would not have touch percussion group 1. It seems that the sequence patterns use percusion group 1. Now I have some funky messed up sounding sequences. I will have to change some stuff.

------------------
              Ted H.
              www.tocsinrocks.com
              Ted H.

Comment

I'm guilty of the #1 persuccion thing too. I tried to get them back manually, but, man that takes a lot of time. When I got my TDW-1 card I said, now's the time and defaulted the TD-10 back to the factory settings. I had to shed a tear when I did it, but it's all cool now.
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X