Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Midi cable length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi cable length?

What is the maximum length for a midi cable? My computer is about 25 feet away from my recording room. Can I possibly buy a 25 feet midi cable? Do they make them?

thanks,
    kornalius.

I made myself two a midicables with a length of 10 meter each (33ft I think) and it works well!

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)

[This message has been edited by mrVRock (edited March 26, 2002).]
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

I use a 40' midi cable with my Zendrum. No detectable difference from a 10' cable for live playing. Recording might be a different matter.

Comment

According to the Phillip Rees site (makers of all sorts of midi utilities) 15 meters is general length of cable before a booster is needed.
        They do boosters so may have a vested interest in making this claim.
        15 mtrs however is quite long ! I have my TD8 on a 5mtr cable with a 2.5 mtr extension and everything works fine. (3 mtr = 10 ft give or take)

Bob Bryars
        Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

Comment

The Rolland stuff says 10 meters is max. But, there are people here that will tell you that that can at least be doubled with no problem. I wouldn't know myself, my SPD-20 sits right next to my TD-10 (3 foot cable).
          [email protected]

Comment

Mines iz onwy twee (3) medurz!

------------------
            Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr
            Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Working...
            X