Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8\AMPLIFIER PROBLEMS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8\AMPLIFIER PROBLEMS.

I have my TD8 sound module hooked up to
    my peavey amp.And after about 5-10 minutes
    of playing,amp on about 7 out of 10,the
    speakers start to distort very badly and
    will not play at normal levels.I have the
    master on the roland about 3/4 on the master
    and the faders almost all the way up.
    How do I get the amp to amplify the roland
    TD8 loud and clean?
    89vett

Is this the first time you have this?
    Is it a Peavey keyboard amp or what?
    Why does it appear after 5/10 minutes? Is something overheating? Check the fuse

The Peavey keyboard amps have an anti-clip/limiter function. Perhaps this is the one who
    1. comes into action
    2. doens't work; has broken. As a result of which the speakers distort

Please give us more information
    Robert

Comment

I second that motion: Sounds like something in the amp itself overheating. Does it have a cooling fan? If so, is it working? A lot of amps have a fan on the back (which is a little dumb since they end up where you can't get to them easily). Just a thought. I may be way off if you are useing a keyboard amp or something that wouldn't have a fan. If you can get access to the guts of the amp, try putting a little desk fan near it blowing air across it and run the amp, see if you buy more time out of it. Hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by CAH2112 (edited March 30, 2002).]
      [email protected]

Comment

hi
        Try get TD-8 master volume at maximum power and lower the faders a bit. thatīll give you a much present and powerful sound. Youīll notice a big difference with your volume low and high.
        then you can lower your ampīs vol.
        One thing to have in mind: Maybe your tweeters are gone.These are very touchy, specially with hats and crashes.Donīt get them to high.
        hope that helped

Comment

Blown tweets

I'll second that blown tweaters thing. I've gone through 3 in my cabinents. They'll blow just like that. If you are ever inthe mood to just blow some for the heck of it, go in to one of the 808 sounds on the TD-10. The HH sounds from the 808 machines will blow them right now. Not that I have any personal experience with this.
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X