Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

CD Player Through the TD-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Player Through the TD-10?

Somebody was telling me that they thought you could hook a portable CD player (diskman type) into the TD-10 brain, so you could easily play along to music through headphones. Is this possible? If so, what jack to I plug into, and will a standard 1/8" to 1/4" stereo cable do the trick?

Thanks.

------------------
    Webmaster,
    HotDrum.com
    - Scott

Yes the plug in you have reffered to will work-And yes the TD-10 has a mix in feature--best of luck!~!

Comment

get a 1/4 to 1/4 STEREO cord.this will have TWO rings on the metal ends.plug one into your radio/record played/cd player.(this may require a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter if your stereos headphone jack is small)plug the other end of the cord into the jack that says mix in on the back of your td-10.plug your headphones into the headphone jack on the front of your td-10 and your rockin.l8tr,hope this helped.
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

troll?
        -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I picked up a portable CD player today and it worked perfectly. Since I don't tinker with my V's much, I was a little worried, but it turned out to be MUCH easier than I thought it would be.

Now for another question...

I'm going through the first "Essential Styles" book, where you can turn the balance one way to eliminate the drums, and the other way to eliminate the bass. Problem is, I couldn't find a single portable CD player that has balance control! Any recommendations? I can always pawn this other one off on the wife.

Thanks again.

------------------
          Webmaster,
          HotDrum.com
          - Scott

Comment

Don't mean to be rude but DAMN DD it sure took you a long time to discover this function!!

BACK ON TOPIC, if you use a device that has a balance control you will find that you only have a backing track in one of your ears. A way around this is to use a Shack adaptor in the mix-in input of your TD-x. That way, regardless of whether your input device is balanced center, full-left or full-right you will get the use of both of your headphone earpieces.
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
            X