Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-10/ Dtxpress hi hat controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10/ Dtxpress hi hat controller

Can't get my DTxpress hi hat controller to work. I go to that screen where it allows you to set the 12 inputs for other manufacturers pads, but, it does not have a hi hat controller option on there. So right now, I have an open hi hat sound, (when I strike the pad) but no pedal action whatsoever. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it. If not, no biggie, since I'll be running back to the music store (1.5 hr drive, uggh!!) next week anyway to pick up the TDW-1. Thanks!

As far as I know it's not possible to use a Yammie pedal with a Roland brain without any custom made electronics.

------------------
    My Personal homepage
    MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
    Music was my first love...

Comment

The controller is NOT compatible!

It is made up of a series of switches
      where the roland "i think" is a ddrum4 magnetic sensor type.

// Daniel
      Check my VSTi project! http://hem.bredband.net/b125831

Comment

Thanks guys. Nice of the sales dude to tell me that ahead of time. Looks like I'll be getting a hi hat controller next week instead of the TDW-1. If you'll excuse me, theres a wall begging to have a fist put through it!

Comment

make sure you note the location of the studs before hitting the wall
          -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

You need an adapter that goes from stereo to mono to interface with the module. Radio Shack has them ,I think.
            Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by jrcel:
              You need an adapter that goes from stereo to mono to interface with the module. Radio Shack has them ,I think.
              I believe it is called the SHACK adaptor!!! I understand for the grand price of $1.95 you can get a yammie pedal to work with a Roland brain!
              Feef is the man with the answers on this.
              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Wow-that would be a great sandwich! Thanks again, I'll give it a shot.

Comment

I have the dtxpress and had the same problem.
                  Make sure you are using the stereo cable for the hihat controller. It has the 2 black stripes on the jack. All the other cables are mono and won't work with the hihat controller.
                  Good Luck,
                  Isosceles

Comment

He wants to use it with a TD-10, not a DTXpress.
                    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Thanks again everyone, turns out I had the cable I needed (for my guitar amp), plugged it in and it works! Big thanks to the people at Drumbalaya for the info.

Former Sam Ash customer

Comment

So you can actually use the Yamaha hi-hat with the Roland module and get the full nuance range?? Thatīs fantastic! Iīve got an HH80 but never thought it would work.
                        B.T.W wich do you folks prefer, the Roland hi-hat pedal or the Yamaha??

Nisse

Comment

Working...
                        X