Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

from living room to stage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from living room to stage.

I have been playing live weekly for over 10 years with a regular kit. We are doing a big wedding April 8th. I really have gotten used to my V-Pro kits feel, I want to play it live for the 1st time. What do I need to run up to the sound board (24 channel)? I have the Roland personal monitor system. Do I come out of the back of the sub cabnet? or out of the TD-10 unit. I need basic instructions. Thanks a million guys.
    Clam,

------------------

Originally posted by clamking:
    I want to play it live for the 1st time.....What do I need to run up to the sound board .....

Clam,
    Hi Clam,

I played live with my e-drums for over 7 years now. First with my TD-7 and since two years with my TD-10.
    I always use the main outputs from my TD-10 module to the sound board of the band.
    Two short jack-cables from my module to two DI's (behringer) and from there I use XLR-cable's to the board.

For monitoring I use one "H&K PowerWorks" Powered monitor speaker 15 inch plus tweeter.
    From the soundboard of the band I use a monitor channel and return it to the 'mix in' on my TD-10 module.

I use the headphone out to my Powered monitor (watch out for the headphone-output because it is very high) so I have everything under control.

For the 'mix in' you have to make (or buy) a female-mono to male-stereo converter and for the 'headphone out' a male-stereo to female-mono converter. If you use the PM-3 as a monitor you can split the stereo output from the headphone into two mono cable’s and put it into you PM-3

Over the monitor channel from the band soundboard I got vocals, bass and a little guitar sound but not my TD-10 sound. I mix that myself with the Mix and Headphone knobs on the TD-10 module.

I hope this will help you to set up your kit live.

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)

[This message has been edited by mrVRock (edited March 19, 2002).]
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Originally posted by mrVRock:
      Hi Clam,

From the soundboard of the band I use a monitor channel and return it to the 'mix in' on my TD-10 module.

Over the monitor channel from the band soundboard I got vocals, bass and a little guitar sound but not my TD-10 sound. I mix that myself with the Mix and Headphone knobs on the TD-10 module.

MrV:

Interesting. Thanks for your insight. I'm not clear on this, tho. Why do you run the band back into your mix-in? Doesn't the mix-in then also become output with the drum signal back to the board?

Thanks.

MattS
      WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

Comment

Originally posted by matts64:
        MrV:

Interesting. Thanks for your insight. I'm not clear on this, tho. Why do you run the band back into your mix-in? Doesn't the mix-in then also become output with the drum signal back to the board?

Thanks.

MattS
        Good questions MattS!

I run the band back to my mix-in so that I can hear all the vocals and the other instruments on my own Monitor. Just like normal stage monitors for singers. Thereby I can mix my drum via the headphone knob.

And now why your question is so good;

I forgot to mention that you have to set your mix-in to 'headphones only' otherwise the sound is looped back into the mixerboard, and that is not very good for your equipment!!

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
        My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
        My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Working...
        X