Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TDW-1..........worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW-1..........worth it?

Hi everyone,

Just got a TD-10 Saturday (currently using Yamaha Wrist Buster, er, DTXpress pads) and it really is amazing. My major gripe with the Yamaha was lack of quality snare sounds, but thats definitely not a problem now.

Anyway, I've been lurking here and it seems a few of you have had issues with the TDW-1 upgrade thingie. My question is, if you had it to do all over again, would you? The results of this unscientific poll will greatly influence my descision.

Thank you

Oh yes, definitely get the tdw-1 exp card.
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

I think the overwhelming consensus is Do It.

Not sure what TDW-1 issues you are referring to. It added lots of good sounds, especially cymbals, and several much appreciated new features. While we always wish these things would do more, I can't think of anything off hand that got worse.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

if you don't do it we will all secretely get together and say things about you.......

tdw1 rocks
        -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

The Roland td-8 offers more for less money, so should I do it (buy a td-10 and then expanding it) all over again? No.

But but since you already bought the td-10: get the TDW-1. It's worth the extra money.
          Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Axe:
            Hi everyone,

Just got a TD-10 Saturday (currently using Yamaha Wrist Buster, er, DTXpress pads) and it really is amazing. My major gripe with the Yamaha was lack of quality snare sounds, but thats definitely not a problem now.

Anyway, I've been lurking here and it seems a few of you have had issues with the TDW-1 upgrade thingie. My question is, if you had it to do all over again, would you? The results of this unscientific poll will greatly influence my descision.

Thank you

Two weeks ago I got a TDW-1. I played 18 months without and now I cannot understand how I survived
            Especially the Cymbal sounds are much better now and so is the triggering. I can make real rolls now on my crashes.
            With my band “The Shed” we play Brazen from Skunk Anansie and I never liked the rolls the way I played them. The swelling of the sound was awful.
            Now with the TDW-1 it’s really great!!!

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
            My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
            My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Don't hesitate, leave your house right now, go to your nearest Roland dealer and buy it!

Comment

Not only is the TDW-1 worth it but you get 2.5 cool points around here in Vland. Also worth it is the KD-120...or two.

[This message has been edited by CAH2112 (edited March 15, 2002).]
                [email protected]

Comment

points for what? for the TDW-2?
                  Robert

Comment

Outstanding! Thanks everyone for their input..now for my next question..

Comment

Working...
                    X