Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

new toy = new problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new toy = new problems

Hello All! I have recently added the Korg Electribe ER-1 (drum machine) to my set up. And I thought it would be so cool if I could get the ER-1 to trigger sequences on my TD-10. Yeah the TD's sequencer sucks ass, but it is the only one I've got!

SO I set the rim of tom 3 to start a one shot sequence, by changing the MIDI note # to match the one that the Electibe is sending out I thought it would re-trigger the pattern each time the electibe pattern looped. This way when I switched patterns on the electribe the TD-10 would also play the proper pattern. Well it didnít work... this really killed my buzz.

ANy thoughts?
    http://www.evolbeats.com

Are you using a stock TD-10 setup? Or are you using the 'shack method to get multiple triggers out of the tom channels? As far as I knew, the Tom channels didn't process rim shots. (I'm assuming you're using a PD-120 pad)

Comment

Originally posted by Louis:
      Are you using a stock TD-10 setup? Or are you using the 'shack method to get multiple triggers out of the tom channels? As far as I knew, the Tom channels didn't process rim shots. (I'm assuming you're using a PD-120 pad)

While the PD-120 is equipped with two piezo triggers, the only place a rim piezo works is in the snare input on the TD-10. Tom 3 & 4 may as well be single trigger when using a PD-120. You would need to plug in a PD-9 or similar to get your set up to work (assuming we aren't getting into anything exotic like "Feefering" (hey, I coined a new term in Chris's honor! ).
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Excellent idea. It should definitely be called feefering.

------------------
        -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
        -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Yeah, it's not really about having an extra pad. It's about triggering a sequence with an external sequencer. I assigned the rim of tom 3 to trigger the pattern so that it would be impossible for me to accidentally strike the pad and then trigger the sequence out of time.

It is really strange, if I hit preview the sequence will start, if note chase is on I can see that the rim of tom 3 is defiantly being played. It's only when the external sequencer plays whatever note # is assigned to the rim of tom three, the TD10s sequencer doesnít seem to notice.

[td10, spd20, korg er-1]

http://www.evolbeats.com

Comment

Working...
          X