Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PM-3 or TD-10 failing? Please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM-3 or TD-10 failing? Please help...

Hi all

I've got the new V-Session in white and I've just bought the PM-3.

I had the V-Drums about 3 weeks before buying the PM-3 and ran them thru some old PC 3 way speakers without a problem (other than blowing the speakers! )

Anyway, when I first plugged my new PM-3 in after only a few minutes I noticed that it was NOT RESPONDING TO TRIGGERS...I.E NO SOUND OTHER THAN BACKGROUND HISS when playing the pads...after about 5 - 6 seconds of this the sounds came thru without any user intervention.

It did this 3 times on the first day and I've now had the PM-3 for a week, and the problem has just repeated itself!!!

But as it only happens for a short time during play I don't have time to stop - put my headphones (which are connected directly to the TD-10) to see it the sounds are at least coming out of the brain.

Has anyone any ideas or should I just return the PM-3 in the 'hopes' that it's just that...and not that my TD-10 (month old) has developed a fault.

PS I'm using the two phone leads from my electric guitar to go from the brain to the PM-3...that shouldn't be a prob right?

Thanks for any help...I'm really worried my TD-10 has a fault. I don't care if it's the PM-3 so much...that's easier to replace / fix.

Maverick.

So you are saying that you are playing along happily and then the sound just cuts out on the PM-3??

If this is the case I would just use a process of elimination.
    Play another signal through the PM-3 (Elec. Guitar or CD perhaps) for an extended period of time to see if it happens with that.
    Change your leads around.
    Hook a separate amp to the TD and see if it occurs with that configuration.
    Check your power supply, make sure that all is hunky dory there.
    Check your wiring on the PM-3.

In my experience when you take an electronic item back for repair with an intermittent problem it usually works just fine for the repair guys until it returns home with a 'no problem' stamp. In Australia we call this 'Murphy's law'.
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
      In my experience when you take an electronic item back for repair with an intermittent problem it usually works just fine for the repair guys until it returns home with a 'no problem' stamp. In Australia we call this 'Murphy's law'.
      So true Steveo. We call it Murphy's Law here too. Murphy seems to get around.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Just checking -

is it possible the short silence occurs just after changing kits? If so, this is normal.
        Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
          We call it Murphy's Law here too. Murphy seems to get around.
          And all my life I thought that Mr Murphy was Australian. I guess that is typical of us Aussies trying to claim anything as our own in a vain attempt to define ourselves.
          eg. Russel Crowe, The olympic games.....
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
            [B] And all my life I thought that Mr Murphy was Australian. B]
            Surely this is of Irish origin... Murphy?

Schmunk

[This message has been edited by Schmunk (edited March 06, 2002).]
            TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions...

No, it isn't directly after changing kits - I figured that out and that 'crackling noise' you get when you change kits.

No, this happens WHILST your playing.

I've started to play with some really good headphones in the hopes that I NEVER hear it again - their plugged directly into the TD-10 so therefore I can isolate that.

The prob. is as 'Sod's Law' (UK version of Murphy's Law) has it, after the first day I got my PM-3 this has only happened twice on one day THREE WEEKS LATER! Grrrr!!!

So I'm gonna try this h/phone thing out first...at least I'll feel A LOT better if I know that the TD-10 is fine.

Maverick

Comment

Maverick, where are you in Leeds? (I'm fairly sure I haven't asked you this before....)

I'm from Batley, just south of Leeds, but now I live in Cambridge and probably won't be going back, assuming I can get a job after Uni.

Schmunk
                TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Hi Schmunk

No, I live in Hull...not too far from Leeds, but miles from Cambridge.

Hello anyhoots!

Maverick

Comment

Working...
                  X