Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Custom cables??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom cables??

I'm going to make my own custom-length cables, and I've found right-angle 1/4" stereo ends to do it right (those are hard to find, btw).

Is the cable a 4 conductor? Or, possibly a 2 conductor with sheild? Don't wanna hack off the ends just yet to find out!

Thx.

they are two and a screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveb:
      they are two and a screen.
      3 wires works well for me. No noise added. Easy soldering.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
        3 wires works well for me. No noise added. Easy soldering.

To clarify, I'm talking about the interconnects for the drums themselves, not audio cables. You mentioning noise made me wonder if you thought I meant audio....cause you wouldn't hear noise for the trigger-cables.

I'm assuming the 2 conductor + shield would go left/right/common ground?

Comment

keep in mind any two wire circuit is not polarity specific unless dealing with data...
          -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

The noise I am referring to is unwanted signal or interference. The kind you get from improper wiring, or when you have a long run of unbalanced line (say 30 feet or more). It is sometimes referred to as a "noisy" signal. All I'm saying is I made up several custom length cables without using shielded cable and they work fine.

BTW, I have chopped off the end of a Roland cable. Mine was not shielded, it was 3 wire. Rather cheaply made at that (surprise, surprise).
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
            X