Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

bassdrums sound: dropout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bassdrums sound: dropout

Hi there,

Using a TD8, once in a while it occurs that my bassdrums sound drops out for a second when e.g. hitting a cymbal pad.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks,

Tom

What do you have your cross talk settings at?

Comment

When you think about it. There should be no reason why the kick trigger is linked in any way to the crosstalk setting for the rest of the kit.
      I mean, how many people have their kick trigger anchored to the rack??
      I am brainless (ie. no module ) at the moment so I can't do any experimentation to see if Roland has linked the kick drum to the rest of the kit with regards to this. Stupid Roland if they have!
      That being said, it is easy enough to turn crosstalk off for the kick trigger.
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

hi guys,

Crosstalk is fairly high, because of the fact that I noticed earlier that the bassdrum sound was getting through even when just slightly moving my foot on the pedal... should have thought about this ofcourse that this might be the cause of dropouts! I'll have a look at it tonight.

Thanks!!

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X